PDA

View Full Version : Scan to E-mail from Bizhob C300 to O365. Domain namn? TSL?

Custom Search

HansL
03-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Hi all

I have a Bizhub C300 that now works great. Much thanks to copytechnet ;-)

One problem i still have is scanning to e-mail. I want to use our O365 account from MS but I cannot get it to play. The network is ok but I do not manage to fix the SMTP part. I have created one special account for the printer. (We also have a new HP printer that works with this account.)

Some questions:

What does E-Mail TX Setting ON/OFF mean? Is this to enable/disable the send function (or just the settings)?
When I mark Use SSL/TLS does the Post No. above matter at all?
I am unsure if our C300 support TLS. When I check direct on the machine it only says SSL. Any comments?
Under SMTP Authentication it is a field named Domain Name. I really do not know what to fill in here, or if it should be empty. (We have a simple network without domain controller.) Do anybody of you know?

I have attached some pictures below. I will also ask the MS support the same questions; if I get some good answers I will update the post.

Thanks in advance!
/ Hans Lindbergson, Sweden

This is the setup:

And according to MS this is the info we should use:

habik
03-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Hi all

I have a Bizhub C300 that now works great. Much thanks to copytechnet ;-)

One problem i still have is scanning to e-mail. I want to use our O365 account from MS but I cannot get it to play. The network is ok but I do not manage to fix the SMTP part. I have created one special account for the printer. (We also have a new HP printer that works with this account.)

Some questions:

What does E-Mail TX Setting ON/OFF mean? Is this to enable/disable the send function (or just the settings)?
When I mark Use SSL/TLS does the Post No. above matter at all?
I am unsure if our C300 support TLS. When I check direct on the machine it only says SSL. Any comments?
Under SMTP Authentication it is a field named Domain Name. I really do not know what to fill in here, or if it should be empty. (We have a simple network without domain controller.) Do anybody of you know?

I have attached some pictures below. I will also ask the MS support the same questions; if I get some good answers I will update the post.

Thanks in advance!
/ Hans Lindbergson, Sweden

This is the setup:

And according to MS this is the info we should use:

Hi Hans

I have not set O360 however it probably is not much different to any other SMTP set up. You have all the settings so the domain is crucial to have in place.

I'd give mail.google.com as domain for gmail account..

so for OUTLOOK i'd try mail.outlook360.com or similar to that.. try and google it :P or call MS. sorry can't help you further.. maybe Owl would know!

RRodgers
03-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Hi Hans

I have not set O360 however it probably is not much different to any other SMTP set up. You have all the settings so the domain is crucial to have in place.

I'd give mail.google.com as domain for gmail account..

so for OUTLOOK i'd try mail.outlook360.com or similar to that.. try and google it :P or call MS. sorry can't help you further.. maybe Owl would know!

Be sure to fill out the ADMIN section of the copier. You need an admin email addy in there. (just use the email addy you set up to use in the first place in this field)

Custom Search