PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub C451 Doc Feeder only jams when scanning...

Custom Search

Soteria17
03-30-2013, 11:28 PM
Having a heck of time with this one. The Doc Feeder works great until trying to scan to email then it will run 3 and stop without any code. We've replaced almost the whole thing to diagnose it and cant find anything in the manual about this problem. I'm thinking it might need a firmware update but not sure. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

blackcat4866
03-31-2013, 12:22 AM
It sounds like a memory issue to me, not anything mechanical. What type of scanning? How much memory? =^..^=

Soteria17
03-31-2013, 02:33 PM
It sounds like a memory issue to me, not anything mechanical. What type of scanning? How much memory? =^..^=

It has 1 gig of ram and a 60 gig HD. Should I just flush the memory and take it to default?

blackcat4866
03-31-2013, 02:55 PM
That's where I would start. Keep in mind that you'll have to re-install the video and audio file if you re-format the hard drive. =^..^=

Soteria17
03-31-2013, 03:03 PM
That's where I would start. Keep in mind that you'll have to re-install the video and audio file if you re-format the hard drive. =^..^=

Well that is a new one...how do you do that?

blackcat4866
03-31-2013, 03:07 PM
All the newer models of KM store the jam help files on the HDD as audio and video. Perhaps this older version does something different, but I don't think so. Take a look at your manual. I'll take a look when I'm near one. =^..^=

EDIT: The only thing I can find on this topic is the following:

• When XPS Enable Format/XPS Disable Format is performed, HDD is logical formatted.
Therefore, font data, macro data, and others that have been installed by users
will disappear.

I'll check further on the Help files.

Soteria17
04-01-2013, 12:44 PM
All the newer models of KM store the jam help files on the HDD as audio and video. Perhaps this older version does something different, but I don't think so. Take a look at your manual. I'll take a look when I'm near one. =^..^=

EDIT: The only thing I can find on this topic is the following:

• When XPS Enable Format/XPS Disable Format is performed, HDD is logical formatted.
Therefore, font data, macro data, and others that have been installed by users
will disappear.

I'll check further on the Help files.

I have no idea on this one. I didnt even think that the C451 had video like the new ones. So how do you back up those files and re-install them?

kon
04-01-2013, 02:32 PM
replace the cf card I have seen this exact same issue many times on other machines

mach1don
04-01-2013, 02:45 PM
I believe that when you are in scan mode, the adf speeds up to a faster speed than copy mode. Thus, it may be a adf board issue. Make sure it has new feeds and sep to handle good contact to the paper.

Soteria17
04-01-2013, 10:10 PM
We got out there today and we couldn't get it to jam. So we don't know if was user error or not. But thanks anyways guys.

Kon...where is that cf card on that copier?

Custom Search