PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Konica Minolta C550 Won't boot

Custom Search

DallasTech
04-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Hey guys, We just had a delivery company move a copier for us and I went to set it up and the copier doesn't want to boot. As soon as power is turned on the Orange and Blue LED on the front of the machine come on and the Main Board fan spins, but that's it.

So far I've tried:
Known good memory
Disconnecting ADF, Finisher, and fax accesories
Checking NVRAM connection and reseating NVRAM

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

DigiMan
04-12-2013, 06:27 PM
CF card?

DallasTech
04-12-2013, 06:31 PM
i don't believe it has one. I have only used a CF card to flash firmware on these machines.

JustManuals
04-12-2013, 07:43 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

dshiels_17
04-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Hey guys, We just had a delivery company move a copier for us and I went to set it up and the copier doesn't want to boot. As soon as power is turned on the Orange and Blue LED on the front of the machine come on and the Main Board fan spins, but that's it.

So far I've tried:
Known good memory

Try main pwr off, unplug mfp, physically disconnect hard drive, plug in mfp, reboot. If mfp boots to code, enter service mode and disable hdd.

dshiels_17
04-13-2013, 08:29 AM

So far I've tried:
Known good memory

Try main pwr off, unplug mfp, physically disconnect hard drive, plug in mfp, reboot. If mfp boots to code, enter service mode and disable hdd.

Reflash the firmware and check MFP and PRCB if you see led lights active on the boards(check if 5 and 24V supplied).

rrrohan
04-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Bad RAM.

Ive had it in the past where it wouldnt even display anything on screen.

If you get the boot logo id say its either HDD has failed, NV RAM is corrupted orMFP Board is dead.

DallasTech
04-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Thanks everyone (minus Paul) for all the help. It was a combination of the memory (new memory was booting, but freezing at copy screen), so I replaced the hard drive and reseated the control panels cables and it started working. Thanks again for all the help.

Custom Search