PDA

View Full Version : Color Problem after replaced the DU-102C part on Konica Minolta BIZ HUB PRO C6501e

Custom Search

valemaui
06-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Good Morning! I'm newbie in this forum but I hope soon to be useful!

Now I have a problem with my BIZ HUB C6501e...and I would try to solve with you.
The last week I have changed the drum DU-102C for the K color, after the replacing of the part, the printer give problems with all printing files (see the scan attached).

Now I have other 3 DU-102C to change, but before I want to know what is the problem and what can I do to solve it.

Thanks a lot

tech51
06-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Time to do basic troubleshooting! Swap the K drum with a colour one and see if the fault moves with it. Do a similar thing with the charge coronas. Let us know what you find.

minimerlin
06-18-2013, 09:15 PM
Did you release the drum blade on the new drum when you changed it?

JustManuals
06-19-2013, 12:43 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

blazebusiness
06-19-2013, 12:48 AM
Did you release the drum blade on the new drum when you changed it?Common mistake....in fact, very very common mistake.....the new drum has painted red screws that have to be removed upon install to fully engage the drum cleaning blade assembly. LOL....Those copier guys in Scotland must be almost as good as us California tech's! I wouldn't be surprised if Minimerlin nailed it and that's the cause of your woes. If those screws are the cause you should be able to see streaks on the green surface of the K drum unit. If we're wrong and that doesn't solve it...start by replacing those other drum units. Good Luck!

valemaui
06-19-2013, 09:07 AM

No, the service manual does not speak of the blade of the drum to release. When I print the first part of the paper printing is correct, in the second part there are a number of halos as if the image is repeated, it could be the fault of the blade?

See this print:

Just one more question: The drums are light sensitive? How much can stand in the light before it fails?

valemaui
06-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Common mistake....in fact, very very common mistake.....the new drum has painted red screws that have to be removed upon install to fully engage the drum cleaning blade assembly. LOL....Those copier guys in Scotland must be almost as good as us California tech's! I wouldn't be surprised if Minimerlin nailed it and that's the cause of your woes. If those screws are the cause you should be able to see streaks on the green surface of the K drum unit. If we're wrong and that doesn't solve it...start by replacing those other drum units. Good Luck!

Solved!

With your great help I removed the red screws and printing alone has disappeared ... I only have a small annoyance now I CYAN, a continuous line along the entire sheet ... I think it's a little bit of toner to remove, someone tell me how could I do?

methogod
06-19-2013, 12:45 PM
clean you windows...

there are these little "dust proof" glass, gets dusty when doing PMs etc.

clean the Cyan, also take a dustless rag and clean where the laser hits the drum (under the dv unit cyan).

if still persists, swap coronas with another color and see if it moves, your looks for a dust bit or a hair.

i have had bad reman coronas that just come with defects as well.

Hansoon
06-19-2013, 07:49 PM
OPC-Drums just a few minutes from any light source without too much UV contingent. After that a good gradation adjustment will not be possible for an hour or so and one has to wait until the OPC layer recovers (hopefully).

Strong UV light like the sun damages the OPC layer irreversible within minutes.

Tech Reference: OPC Drum History, Maintenance & Handling Instructions | | KatunKatun (http://www.katun.com/resourcedocuments/opc-drum-history-maintenance-handling-instructions)

Hans

Arcadian
07-15-2013, 07:26 AM

He is correct.

there are two red screws on each side of the drums you should remove careful not to scratch the drum.

Those line means bad drums

Arcadian

methogod
07-15-2013, 08:09 AM
the 1 time i left the screw in it ruined the drum.

dont know why, tried every thing...

Custom Search