PDA

View Full Version : Hold /Wait print in KM Bizhub 223 printer driver

Custom Search

mhmsaqer
07-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Hi everybody,

I have a client who is using his MFP's mainly as printers, he have a fleet of Toshiba E-studio series that support Hold print feature, that mean you can print
and whenever you reach the machine panel you can release your print job without any authentication.

My client is positive about BZ 223 but he wants this feature as a must, I've checked the Std machine driver, it does not have this feature or similar one under this name or similar other name.

This feature seems very simple and it's shame that KM don't provide it as std,

Is there any KM driver that support this feature?

Thanks in advance,

princef18
07-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi,

You could use the Secure Print feature that is present in the 423 series.

mhmsaqer
07-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi

the secure print requires a user name and password to send the job to the machine, it's not possible even to left them blanks,

what I am about is same as secure print but without authentication.

Thanks again

princef18
07-11-2013, 11:36 AM
As far as I know, KM drivers provide ID&Print and secure print. I am not aware of any other.

Its just one feature they do not provide I guess.

blaze2000
07-11-2013, 12:46 PM
save in user box should work for them.

mhmsaqer
07-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Well,
Thanks for the suggestion,
the problem with the way is that you requires extra steps to go "two field must be filled", that was not required by the native hold print the customer is using.

thanks again blaze

emujo
07-11-2013, 01:33 PM
If you use print to box, then you don't need passwords, just change the output method from "print" to "save in user box". The job will be held in the user box and the owner can walk up to the copier at any time and print the job out. The user box can be tailored to "auto delete" the jobs anywhere from a hour or so to never. Since you mention this is a 223, the HDD is not standard and must be installed separately. Maybe you don't have the box option due to a missing HDD. Emujo

copierguru
07-12-2013, 12:32 AM
That's correct. User box is unavailable without hd

mhmsaqer
07-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Emujo,

You summ it really well, thanks for your response.

I guess the client requirement is not met with this model 223, I'll advise him to upgrade with HDD or print securely.

thanks again Emujo!

Custom Search