PDA

View Full Version : Help on Bizhub c253!!!! PLEASE!

Custom Search

Vy2
07-19-2013, 02:47 AM
My problem started a few days ago when I replaced the yellow toner on my Bizhub c253. After about 20 or so pages, it would make this really loud noise in the lower right side of the back door where you can access the transfer belt and fusing unit. I did some searching in the forums and it turns out that the toner auger is clogged with packed toner, which I tested out. I removed the top part where the paper comes out onto and had more access to the toner cartridge areas and the yellow's opening to go into the IUs was clogged up with toner. If i vacuum it out, it will print for 20 pages without making the noises and start making the loud noise again. If i check again, it will be filled up with toner all over again. So, determined that it is the right problem; I spent an entire day today removing the layers in the back (where the controller is, opposite from where you insert the toner cartridges). I managed to strip it down, but I don't know where or how to start so I can remove the augers. I can semi-see them, but I don't know what's connected to where or what I should start. At this moment, I am not too worried about putting it together for the back layers, but is worried about the augers and hoppers...since the space is so cramped... HELP!!!! ... and yes, i did think about getting a new machine, but being tight on money right now :(

pepper38_cnd
07-19-2013, 02:52 AM
Put it all back together and replace you yellow IU, and see what happens.

Vy2
07-19-2013, 02:56 AM
Put it all back together and replace you yellow IU, and see what happens. From your experience, why is it making the noises? To add, it seems to be making a loud gear hitting sound

JustManuals
07-19-2013, 07:28 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

copier addict
07-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Remove image units and pound on the back of machine with the handle of your screwdriver behind the port that is clogged while you are turning the auger gears. The chunks of toner should come out. Put a rag under the toner port to catch them. It may take a while to remove all the chunks this way but it is much easier than removing the entire auger assembly.
This is the procedure I used when I had this problem on a C353. That was 5 months ago and no callbacks.
Hope this helps.

Vy2
07-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Remove image units and pound on the back of machine with the handle of your screwdriver behind the port that is clogged while you are turning the auger gears. The chunks of toner should come out. Put a rag under the toner port to catch them. It may take a while to remove all the chunks this way but it is much easier than removing the entire auger assembly. This is the procedure I used when I had this problem on a C353. That was 5 months ago and no callbacks. Hope this helps. Working well so far :) . . .I do have a question should I turn clockwise or counter clockwise? I am also using a vacuum with a homemade nozzle to assist (if that's a good idea...). So far I managed to remove some of it, it sounded like rocks going into the vacuum cleaner.

tonyl
07-20-2013, 11:09 AM
If you want to do it correctly.....Remove all boards, motors, HV and drive section from the back of the machine. This will enable you to get to all screws for the rear transfer rail from the inside and out that will have to be removed. Remove the waste pipes and the guide rail from the inside that you will find you have to bend slightly to get out. Winding the pipes and vaccing is not a good idea as there are small springs inside the pipes that can be dislodged and block the pipe again. There is no easy fix and it is a right pain, no book to follow but if you do it right, touch wood, I havent had it come back. First time I did it, it took a day and a half and I had a large area so I could lay all the parts out. Good luck!!

Working well so far :) . . .I do have a question should I turn clockwise or counter clockwise? I am also using a vacuum with a homemade nozzle to assist (if that's a good idea...). So far I managed to remove some of it, it sounded like rocks going into the vacuum cleaner.

Hansoon
07-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Still wondering what causes this issue cause obviously not all machines are involved. Heat? Humidity? (Didn't dare to mention aftermarket toner here.........)

Hans

blackcat4866
07-21-2013, 03:06 PM
In general, toner rocks and broken augers are the result of excessive heat inside the machine. That can be because the fans or filters are clogged, fans installed backwards or malfunctioning.

Now, there have been specific models that have history of chewing up augers and spitting rocks: Canon iR5000/6000, Sharp-2X14, ... I'm sure you've all got your favorites. =^..^=

Vy2
07-21-2013, 05:08 PM
In general, toner rocks and broken augers are the result of excessive heat inside the machine. That can be because the fans or filters are clogged, fans installed backwards or malfunctioning. Now, there have been specific models that have history of chewing up augers and spitting rocks: Canon iR5000/6000, Sharp-2X14, ... I'm sure you've all got your favorites. =^..^= This may be my case. We've been experiencing a heat wave and with construction on my storefront (landlord\'s idea) It's an oven here...I don't have central a/c, i've been trying my best to keep things cool ,but i guess it failed...

Vy2
07-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Still wondering what causes this issue cause obviously not all machines are involved. Heat? Humidity? (Didn't dare to mention aftermarket toner here.........) Hans I used OEM toners, so maybe heat? A few others were claiming on Humidity, which would make sense because the moisture would probably make cookie dough out of the toner ={

PrintMasterBuc
07-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Toner carries a charge, you should NEVER vacuum it up with a regular vacuum, make sure you are using a grounded vacuum that is made for cleaning up toner. You can start a fire, or even worse using a regular vacuum!

Vy2
07-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Toner carries a charge, you should NEVER vacuum it up with a regular vacuum, make sure you are using a grounded vacuum that is made for cleaning up toner. You can start a fire, or even worse using a regular vacuum!

Thanks for the heads up!!! So far, no fire. I should probably stop vacuuming then...I started removing the guard, but is having a problem getting it out.

Hansoon
07-22-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm in the business for about 43 years now and vacuuming since there is powder toner so I must have been "lucky" all the time.

Only once in a while when I don't use a grounded nozzle I get zapped....

:D

Hans

Custom Search