PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C451 Aging

Custom Search

konica7022
07-21-2013, 07:15 AM
Hi guyz my Bizhub c451 has following problems

* It ask's to me change the Transfer belt (how can i fix it by just replacing the fuse & if i don't at a point will it stop printing?)
* All 3 color IMU have reached end of life and machine is asking to replace them (how can i reset the counter and will the machine stop working if i don't change them?)
* I changed the Black toner but the indicator showed 3/4 full, so i removed the toner shaked, placed back in then it showed 2/4 filled and after a day use it now shows 1/4th fill, although its working fine since 3 months now even at that 1/4th fill level is it eating toner? or just a glitch?

* most importantly since 1 month i see these small lines small black lines which appear only on the 1st black printed/copied pages, color comes out fine, pic is attached below

as usual your kind efforts/responses would be very much appreciated

EarthKmTech
07-21-2013, 09:26 AM
dirty marks is transfer belt. - change it, its life is over.

imaging units wont stop the machine so long as the machine is set to not stop (default setting is to STOP) This is done in service mode.

konica7022
07-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks for replying, But dirty Marks are only in Black prints/copies and only on 1st page rest come out clean

EarthKmTech
07-21-2013, 10:25 AM
dirty smudge marks the entire width closest to leading edge of the first sheet only?

If this fits the description, its your belt.

the picture does not make this clear.

blackcat4866
07-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Thanks for replying, But dirty Marks are only in Black prints/copies and only on 1st page rest come out clean

I'll have to agree with EarthKMTech. This is a transfer belt cleaning problem. The reason that the streaks are not brown, is probably because this enduser uses a very high percentage of black toner. If your enduser did more color the transfer wast would look more like brown.

When the cleaning problem starts, it's most obvious when the belt starts rotating from a dead stop, so you'll see a 25mm long streak across the whole width of the belt. As is gets worse the streaks pass through all the pages. If you look closely you'll see the streaks all the way through the sample page. =^..^=

wseyller
07-21-2013, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't worry about the toner gauges. There isn't actually a way for the machine to determine exactly how much toner is available. Those gauges on the screen are just guesstimates and sometimes they get out of way. There is really only about four states of toner level detect which the machine decides based on how fast the motor spins to fill up a sub hopper or what the T/C level is in the developing unit.

JustManuals
07-21-2013, 07:11 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

konica7022
07-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Thank you , EarthKmTech (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/earthkmtech.html), Black Cat, wseyller for you help

on my way to look for a used/refurbished transfer belt .. will update as soon as i get my hands on one..

BTW does cleaning the belt or blowing air through it will help?

and yes 80% of the copy/prints are Black color are rarely used, also A3 prints almost always gets jamed :(

rbaldwin
07-22-2013, 01:11 PM
There is firmware and software switches to stop the end of life for fuser transfer belt an image units.

blackcat4866
07-23-2013, 02:08 AM
Air won't help. Poor cleaning is usually the result of the cleaning blade being contaminated or dried out.

You can get short term improvements by cleaning the transfer belt blade with alcohol, then re-prime the blade.

Sub-assemblies are not available for the transfer belt assembly, so you'll have to order the assembly. =^..^=

konica7022
07-24-2013, 08:29 AM
There is firmware and software switches to stop the end of life for fuser transfer belt an image units.

can you please show me the step or point to a thread that deals with this issue, and thanks for the reply

konica7022
07-24-2013, 08:31 AM
yesterday i took out the transfer belt and cleaned it, it made very lil difference.

you are all right, the culprit is the transfer belt it has reached end of its life, will change it as soon as i get my hands on one!

konica7022
07-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Today again i took out the cleaning belt assembly, and cleaned the belt cleaning rollers which were filled with tonner

then i did the unthinkable cleaned the BELT with AFTER SHAVE :(

and result is as follows :(

i also cleaned all the drums with after shave :( will it hurt them !! or is only the belt !

emujo
07-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Aftershave!!! I think this thread belongs in the "Horrible Joke" section. Emujo

konica7022
07-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Aftershave!!! I think this thread belongs in the "Horrible Joke" section. Emujo

well it contains "alcohol", water, perfume!

emujo
07-25-2013, 02:26 PM
well it contains "alcohol", water, perfume!

Then maybe on the next machine you may want to bring some tequila, go ahead and stick with the aftershave, give the customer the tequila so they are drunk enough to not notice the copy quality. Emujo

Hansoon
07-25-2013, 06:23 PM
WTF? One can still see the wipes.........

A Redneck Solution if you allow me to say so...... Wondering how much seeped into the cleaning system gooying up everything.

Hans

RRodgers
07-25-2013, 06:41 PM
I remember on the C350's the auger in the t-belt would usually break. This was due to people not putting the waste toner box in properly. The waste toner would back up and start pouring out of the cleaning blade. Vac out your cleaning station on the t belt. If it starts making good copies again then that is your problem.

**EDIT**
WOW, not sure why I was thinking C350.

BDT Tech
07-25-2013, 06:51 PM
It's not very often that I am speechless. Aftershave? Wow, who would of thunked it?

PrintMasterBuc
07-25-2013, 09:43 PM
You were only supposed to clean the blade of the transfer belt, not the entire belt! Wow... Aftershave... that's just... Wow.:confused:

blackcat4866
07-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Does it smell better? That's all that counts. =^..^=

gl0ryh0und
07-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Ohh Aftershave, does sound like a bad joke.

Not a pure enough source of alcohol. Obviously. If it got into any electronics it would be a problem as well as it could leave a slightly conductive residue, where pure alcohol wouldn't.
alcohol would also basically eat any bio based coatings, Given the rainbow effect you got going on I would wager you used it on the drums too didn't you. :-)

EarthKmTech
07-29-2013, 11:23 PM
as per usual, trying to save a few dollars has caused more damage than if you just followed the advice given in the first place.

never argue with a person that only accepts responses that don't cost money, just walk away and let them figure out the hard way.

my avatar sums up the efforts without using any words at all.

konica7022
07-30-2013, 10:47 AM
All right you all had your part of fun :) now leme update ya all

After a good shave the machine is working back to normal printing, i guess all the after shave has dried up now

there are no smudge marks any more on the paper, and the prints are darker then the one i posted above

how every the lines on the transfer belt are more visible now on the color prints/copies

and over all prints/copies are still just a light lighter, could it be drums or is it still the belt?

Off course the belt needed to be changed, i am waiting for a used one to arrive soon.

* a lil bit of cleaning might extend the life a bit more :) it would have worked well if i had pure alcohol i guess
well lifes like that, you gota do what ya gota do :P

gl0ryh0und
07-30-2013, 12:33 PM
I think you're kicking a dead horse here, some stretching of the consumable life is easily possible however when you start down the road you're on there is not much else to do but actually spend a couple bucks on a proper maintenance. Seriously stuffing in used parts and such, you seem to approach maintenance in a very, well let's be polite, a Frugal manner. This is not always conducive with maintaining the highest standards of image quality or device performance. Just pony up a few bucks and you'll notice a marked improvement in quality and performance.

copier addict
07-30-2013, 02:49 PM
So, what else can we use from the bathroom? Toilet paper for filtres? Shaving creme for a cleaner. What could we use the plunger for? hmmmm
And why stop in the bathromm? I'm sure there are a lot of things around the house to use for copier repair.

Hansoon
07-30-2013, 05:56 PM
And why stop in the bathromm? I'm sure there are a lot of things aroung the house to use for copier repair.

Scratching the Teflon out of a frying pan and............

Sorry, I was carried away....

Hans

daniel.vasiliev
09-12-2013, 08:29 PM
I had the same problem, changing the K image unit solved the problem.

Custom Search