PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh SP C430DN color printer Code SC670 engine start up problem

Custom Search

Desert Rat
07-22-2013, 08:04 PM
:confused:

I got this call as a "Fuser problem". I inspected the fuser, it turns easy and looks used but not
trashed.
Power up and code SC670 is displayed. Defined by the book as "Engine start up error"
Then it sez "The ready signal from engine board is not detected".
"Defective engine board"
"Replace engine board"

This is my first look at this model, does this happen often?
Will I need the SD chip to save stuff on?

I did not see a procedure in the book to enter the service mode. From what I can tell from the book
it is a matter of going through the menue and finding the service mode? Then what? press ok?
The book also said to re-seat connectors before replacing boards. I can do that today may be.

I got the book after taking the call and I am trying to figure out a couple of things before going
back.

Thanks

DR

nodle
09-25-2015, 02:07 PM
I know this is an old post, but curious what your final resolution was.

Comatose
09-25-2015, 11:10 PM
:confused:

I got this call as a "Fuser problem". I inspected the fuser, it turns easy and looks used but not
trashed.
Power up and code SC670 is displayed. Defined by the book as "Engine start up error"
Then it sez "The ready signal from engine board is not detected".
"Defective engine board"
"Replace engine board"
E
This is my first look at this model, does this happen often?
Will I need the SD chip to save stuff on?

I did not see a procedure in the book to enter the service mode. From what I can tell from the book
it is a matter of going through the menue and finding the service mode? Then what? press ok?
The book also said to re-seat connectors before replacing boards. I can do that today may be.

I got the book after taking the call and I am trying to figure out a couple of things before going
back.

Thanks

DR

I think on that model to enter SP mode is to hold the spend key and escape when you power it on. SC670 can just be a bug so sometimes just power off and on clears it.

Desert Rat
09-27-2015, 09:05 PM
I got in touch with a good ricoh tech here in town. I think I put a post up about getting into the svc
mode.
Anyway, I think I powered it down and disconnected the main power for a couple of mins
and disconnected the network cable. And powered it up, and it seemed ok. So I made
some copies and powered it down and re-connected the network cable and power up.
Back to normal.
I'm not really sure now. I had some other distractions at the time.
I'm gona look that code up again.

Sorry I didn't post earlier

Dr

Custom Search