PDA

View Full Version : Type 1027 PCU pulling developer and toner bottom inch of page

Custom Search

copyaction
07-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Ricoh 2022 just installed brand new OEM type 1027 PCU last week.
Customer calls today for black line. Bottom 1 inch of page on 11 x 8 1/2 has toner and developer on front and back of paper.
It seems to be pulling enough that it is also on the transfer roller.
Anyone seen a new unit defective like this. My distributer says no warranty on OEM units, am I screwed or what?

sandmanmac
07-25-2013, 01:14 AM
Does it happen every on page? Prints AND copies?.
It does sound like something's gone wrong with the PCU. Simple to check, put the old one (or any other unit) back in and see if the problem goes away.
I've had very few problems with these units out of the box, but there have been a few. Shit happens

copyaction
07-25-2013, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the reply, yes it is on every page, prints and copies.
I did put the old drum unit back in and the problem was gone, so it is only with the new PCU.
I too have had little to no problems with these units out of the box, just hoping I don't have to eat it.

Iowatech
07-25-2013, 03:39 AM
You really need to make sure the machine is level to spec. Otherwise, the developer will pile up on one end of the PCU and start spilling out, which will wipe out the photoconductive coating on the drum. If the developer is spilling out the rear of the PCU, it will destroy the developer mixing gears in short order, too.
I use a bullseye level if I suspect an uneven machine. It is very easy to see if a machine is out of spec then, and which way I have to shim it to get it back into spec as well.
Why won't your supplier give you warrantee replacements for OEM parts? Ricoh is pretty fair about that.

copyaction
07-25-2013, 03:45 AM
thanks, I will check for level tomorrow when I go back with the new pcu, but it was ok with the old pcu.
I don't know why but ACM said they will not warranty OEM product.

sandmanmac
07-25-2013, 04:08 AM
thanks, I will check for level tomorrow when I go back with the new pcu, but it was ok with the old pcu.
I don't know why but ACM said they will not warranty OEM product.

Densigraphix has the same policy. I think many 3rd party suppliers do.

andy227
07-25-2013, 08:29 AM
No warrenty on OEM parts ? Thats unacceptable, I would kick up a fuss and find another distributer. If you are stuck with it, and managed to temporarily remove it from the customer, at least take it apart and see what gives with it internally. Maybe its something fixable, some thing broken that you can replace and salvage the unit.

andrewdecruz
07-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Hi,
Sorry to say that this is a PCU/Developer defect. I face a similar problem on a couple of new PCU's and it was cause by these units which was kept in unsuitable environement or just past their shelf life. The developer was somehow tend to weakened overtime when kept unused under extreme conditions.

Custom Search