PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh Training available to non-Ricoh techs?

Custom Search

Foo
07-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Does Ricoh offer training to independent techs.
A company I sub-contract for wants me to get trained on MP7500 series machines.
They are about to sell 7 reconditioned units to a company. Oh yeah they have no one trained to
work on them.
I'm a self trained Ricoh tech having spent the last 10 years "mostly" working on Ricoh equipment.
And most all of that has been 45cpm or less machines.

Now I'm having this thrown at me.
I worked on mid-volume machines when I worked at Xerox 10 years ago, but things have changed a lot in 10 years.

I believe training is extra important on these larger volume boxes.

Any ideas?

Jeff D.

JustManuals
07-25-2013, 05:11 PM
Maybe you should ask yourself what would be in it for Ricoh to train techs who don't work for them?

mikadonovan
07-25-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm pretty sure that most independents like me have to acquire a manual and spend some time immersing yourself in the wonders of self help. Stick with the basics first, like SP and SC tables, disassembly and adjustment, and PM tables. Ask questions here when you need to to, and it will all fall in to place. Not the easiest way to do it, but it works for me.

Herostrat
07-25-2013, 05:55 PM
In my opinion you don't need Ricoh to work on them,I'm working on those and they are quite easy,I'd rather work today on 6 MP 7500 than 3 MP 3045 or slower.
Obtain manual,follow instructions and you are good to go.
I'm not shure if you will be using OEM or For use parts in there,that culd cause some problems that you'll have to adopt to,but even so theese machines are wery resilient buggers that can take just about any kind of trash u install in them...exept tooner...don't mess with toner on theese machines,the recycling system in drum unit can't take it,before you know it,you are elbows deep in toner,disassembling recycling system without knowing if it will last till tomorow morning.
I jumped on them after one year as Canon tech with no problems,PM is hard work...hard manual labor,but if it's done propper,there are no calls for next 50k papers.
And for tips and trick about them eather ask in here or look it up,someone definately posted it already.
Oh ye,one more tip,change seals and semerings on developing assembly ewery time u change developer...you MUST do it!
Otherwise developer will leak on pick up assembly and that's expencive,stupid,messy...you don't want that to happen.

copiman
07-25-2013, 06:19 PM
How is the company you contract for selling Ricoh? What kind of dealer are they? In the past, you had to be a Ricoh, Savin, Lanier, or Gestetner dealer to get training. Not sure now. If you know a dealer that can send you to training, that would solve that. What about the dealer who you contract to. If not, what are they going to do? Call Ricoh to service them. Ricoh will not service them on a contract basis, only time and material. So, I wouldn't worry too much. As the others posted, get as much documentation on the equipment as you can. A Ricoh is a Ricoh. I'm sure you would do well on this model. As Herostat said, STAY AWAY FROM non-OEM toner. There are a ton of Ricoh techs posting on here everyday. I'm sure they will be glad to help. Make contacts with them. You may be surprised that you will get what you need. Good luck and hope you do well.

mikadonovan
07-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Maybe you should ask yourself what would be in it for Ricoh to train techs who don't work for them?Continued support for equipment that bears their name?

Jomama46
07-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Surprise, Ricoh makes money selling machines, not service. Dealers make the service dollars. Dealers would scream if Ricoh started training pirates (non-dealers)

copyaction
07-25-2013, 11:29 PM
Maybe you should ask yourself what would be in it for Ricoh to train techs who don't work for them?

maybe the parts and supplies they would sell you for the next 5 to 7 years?

nmfaxman
07-26-2013, 12:14 AM
Read the manual then tell contractor that you want to check them out before they go.

Take that time to see how they come apart and go back together.
Do the PM if it is due and see how to do that step by step.
All the school does is read the book, take them apart and look at components and put them back together.
Then you get tested with an open book multiple question test and maybe 3 bugs that are easy to find if you use your head and a little common sense.

A little heavy reading and some time to figure it out is all you need.
If he wants you trained, let him set it up. I am sure he knows at least one dealer that will help him out somewhere.

Plus you found the best place for information on the net to help out on the weird shit.

Jomama46
07-26-2013, 02:36 AM
maybe the parts and supplies they would sell you for the next 5 to 7 years?
Wake up and smell the coffee. If youre not a dealer you cant and wont buy shit from ricoh and they know ir. Furthermore Precision, Katun, etc are not affiliated with Ricoh but will willingly sell to you. Sorry but you are stuck with the aforementioned 3rd party sites plus sites lke this and, you know, Paul.

Bantams
07-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Here in the UK I'm pretty sure Ricoh will train Non dealer techs for the right amount of ££££ I've seen a couple of ex telecoms guys on a Course once.

mikadonovan
07-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Dealers would scream if Ricoh started training pirates (non-dealers)AAARRRRRRR! Shiver me timbers and strike the mizzen! I need my ration of grog.

Herostrat
07-26-2013, 05:17 PM
My colegue techs back at Canon authorised dealer atended those teachings in Budapest from time to time and owner had to pay for that,meybe it's the same with Ricoh asuming you are determined to atend that.
On the other hand colegues I work with now never atended any lectures yet they are considered the best techs around.They are selftrained on refurbished machines
Most of my posts here are about the stuff they allready know or have a vague idea how to solve,yet my problem on machine is my problem...best way to solve is to bash my head over it so I never forget,or ask in here...kidding.
But seriously now,without trouble u can't expect to be good at something...if one expects others to solve problems for him,then what is he there for?
This may sound a bit extreme yet nothing can be done without reading service manual...it's alpha and omega.

Jomama46
07-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Amen

ptrflrs
07-27-2013, 01:15 AM
...as long as they are mp7500 and not mpc7500 you will be fine

Jomama46
07-27-2013, 01:53 AM
...as long as they are mp7500 and not mpc7500 you will be fine

Roger that last transmission

paulg
07-30-2013, 01:49 PM
If you have the manuals for the model see if you have the TTP pdf which is a training guide and has useful information not always in the service manuals.

digicor
08-01-2013, 09:30 PM
just do what i did
grab a screw driver and take the thing apart... is just a bigger version of what youve been working on, grab a man and screwdriver and get going!
Dont be afraid of the size, "its all the same, only the names will change" to quote a big hair eighty's band mate...

slimslob
08-02-2013, 04:48 PM
There is no MP7500. They are either MP7502, MP7000, or MPC7500.

If they are MPC7500, they are preproduction color machines. If you are not trained on color machines and do not have access to all service bulletins in addition to a service manual, good luck.

If they are MP7000s or MP7502s, they are basicly the same as the Aficio 2075 with a few improvements.

Ollie1981
08-02-2013, 09:33 PM
There is no MP7500. They are either MP7502, MP7000, or MPC7500.

If they are MPC7500, they are preproduction color machines. If you are not trained on color machines and do not have access to all service bulletins in addition to a service manual, good luck.

If they are MP7000s or MP7502s, they are basicly the same as the Aficio 2075 with a few improvements.

Yes there is an MP7500, it's the Martini c3 in the same model range as the MP5500 and MP6500. The MP7000 and MP7502 are basically later versions of it with very few differences to the engine.

The engine number is either b246 or b247, something like that.

Custom Search