PDA

View Full Version : MPC 2500 Toner Problem

Custom Search

Tebow83
07-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Hi guys.

having a problem with an MPC2500.

The machine keeps saying add black toner - toner depleted.

I changed the toner cartridge and machine kept saying the same.

I then changed the toner pump to no avail.

I replaced the k dev clutch and machine worked fine for a few hundred prints and now it has come back up with the add toner message.

Any ideas where to go next?

Thanks in advance.

JustManuals
07-25-2013, 05:08 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

sandmanmac
07-25-2013, 06:04 PM
Did you change the hose too? or just the toner pump? It Could be blocked.

DH1980
07-25-2013, 06:45 PM
I had the same problem and it was the ID sensors. They would give readings but not what they should be.

cdog530
07-25-2013, 06:54 PM
I have seen the dev drive gear (behind each drum) get worn down and not properly churn toner into the developer too.
-C

Tebow83
07-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Cheers guys, will check those out tomorrow.

Is the gear hard to change?

cdog530
07-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Just take out the image transfer belt, black drum and magenta drum to give you room...the gear is held on by an e-clip...does this machine have a high copy count? has the development unit been changed?
-C

Tebow83
07-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Just take out the image transfer belt, black drum and magenta drum to give you room...the gear is held on by an e-clip...does this machine have a high copy count? has the development unit been changed?
-C

Its at 500k black and the black dev unit was replaced.

redneckstylin
07-25-2013, 07:41 PM
all firmware....

stevie c
07-25-2013, 09:24 PM
hi guys.

Having a problem with an mpc2500.

I replaced the k dev clutch and machine worked fine for a few hundred prints and now it has come back up with the add toner message.

Thanks in advance.

did u fit the pipe that comes with the pump,if you did then the next thing to look at is the dev unit.if you do the smc print out(5990-4)
you will see how many copies are on the dev unit.the dev unit is meant to be changed every 2 or 3 dev changes.hope this makes sence and is helpfull.good luck

sandmanmac
07-25-2013, 09:31 PM
did u fit the pipe that comes with the pump,if you did then the next thing to look at is the dev unit.if you do the smc print out(5990-4)
you will see how many copies are on the dev unit.the dev unit is meant to be changed every 2 or 3 dev changes.hope this makes sence and is helpfull.good luck

You obviously only read the original post and NONE of the rest of the thread

OutlawTorn
08-03-2013, 09:32 AM
I have seen the dev drive gear (behind each drum) get worn down and not properly churn toner into the developer too.
-C

I have just had this fault and can't find this bloody gear in the parts manual, do you have the part number?

cdog530
08-06-2013, 06:03 PM
I have just had this fault and can't find this bloody gear in the parts manual, do you have the part number?

AB010368

Dence
08-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Hi guys.

having a problem with an MPC2500.

Thanks in advance.

Try to clean (or it could be broken, so in that case replace) the "Toner End Sensor" (AW02-0185). Its the sensor that measures if there is toner coming out of the toner bottle, just before it goes into the hose to the toner pump. This also could do the trick if the toner pump is ok, the hose isn't blocked (just to be sure, vaccuum it out) and the MPC is still asking for new toner... Good luck!

darius79
08-12-2013, 04:44 AM
-C

I have had this problem and changing the worn out drive gear solved it. Remember to check on the K dev unit too, the developer inside can harden and cause the drive gear to wear prematurely.

gestetner tech
08-12-2013, 07:19 AM
Put some toner manual into the devbox by a spone or something, if that works the problem is not the dev box.
Check the part where rubber hose fits on the toner end sensor remove it and clean..
BTw do you use orginal toner?
I have seen machines get waco with nonorginal toner and i had to replace ROM where pixelcount takes place.

CableGuy
08-12-2013, 03:30 PM
I had a mpc3500 on Friday. Changed yellow pump/pipe, no go... cleaned the sensor that sees the toner coming out of the bottle, no go. These are usually the two that sort it. This time I had to remove the elbow that opens the toner bottle and pipe attaches too and vac it out, then the bugger worked, that was a first for me.
Have you cleaned that sensor and the clear bits where the sensor looks through?

Custom Search