PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had the oppertunity to play with this?

Custom Search

nodle
07-30-2013, 01:01 AM
A sales rep out of my office got a MP C305 for his home office.

He ordered the Browser Unit Type H.

I could not get the browser to work. No matter what I tried it kept coming back with "Host Unavailable"

I had no idea how it was suppose to work, and he seemed to know less (and he sells this feature).
Has anyone seen or played with the browser?
How well does it work?

Iowatech
07-30-2013, 02:38 AM
I am unfamiliar with Browser Unit Type H, so feel free to ignore me if you want.
But I am curious as to what he was trying to accomplish with that.

nodle
07-30-2013, 02:57 AM
He said that he wanted to get familar with the options that he sells.

What ever floats his boat I guess....lol

I'm originally from Iowa.
A small town on the Mississippi.
Bellevue, IA

What part you hale from?

ruben
07-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Make sure your DNS settings are set correctly and the machine has a stable network connection.

Iowatech
07-31-2013, 02:04 AM
He said that he wanted to get familar with the options that he sells.

What ever floats his boat I guess....lol

I'm originally from Iowa.
A small town on the Mississippi.
Bellevue, IA

What part you hale from?

I've been in Maquoketa for about four years now, but I've had relatives in the area for a while. Bellevue looks like a nice place, been through there a number of times. Just a little too close to the river for me (at least since 1993).

slimslob
08-22-2013, 12:53 AM
It sounds like the Browser unit is not installed correctly. The browser unit requires JAVA to be installed and Starting up in order to be used. SP5873-1 must be used to move the browser unit to the VM card. Then just follow all the installation procedures in the service manual for the Browser Unit Type H. Check not only the DNS but also the gateway. These need to be checked at the location where the machine is to be used. I also set the Google global DNS 8.8.8.8

Custom Search