PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Ricoh Aficio MP 7000 jamming

Custom Search

steele
07-30-2013, 08:23 AM
Hi, I have a huge problem with jamming in MP 7000. Machine is jamming after few copies. I found that jamming is caused by this paper feed sections:

I changed rollers and torque limiter but it doesn't help. Problem occurs in all three paper feed sections!
I have another MP7000, so I took section from it and put to problematic machine and jamming stopped...
Where to look for the problem?

Imprestik
07-30-2013, 08:49 AM
You don't look for the problem, you just order 3 new feed stations, I don't know about anyone on here but I have not ever successfully rebuilt a Martini feed station

The only reason that I can think of for all 3 units failing is that your dev unit is shot and is leaking dev through the back on the machine over all the gearing in the feed stations.

Start from the top and work your way down otherwise you will be replacing these on a regular basis

steele
07-30-2013, 09:03 AM
I changed gears (AB01 1466, 1490, 1491, 7627) but whitout result... and yes, it was developer on units.

Imprestik
07-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Well then you have 1 answer only,

New dev unit

New bag of dev

3 x feed stations

all sorted...

Drummer
07-31-2013, 04:06 AM
I changed gears (AB01 1466, 1490, 1491, 7627) but whitout result... and yes, it was developer on units.

You need to replace all of the gears on the feed units for them to work properly, once the gears get developer imbeded in them they are scrap and the whole set must be replaced. It doesnt take much to stop that stepper motor from turning.
On the other hand if you did not fix youre developer leaking problem, you will never get it to work properly because dv is still leaking onto the gears.
You may also want to pull the registration section out of the machine just to get all of the developer vacuumed out, it holds some of the leaked dv and it will -trickle- down if you dont get it.
As mentioned before, if you replace the dv bushings at every dv change you will eliminate this problem from ever happening. Its a good habbit to get into and worth it in the long run.
Good luck

JustManuals
07-31-2013, 05:06 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

andy227
07-31-2013, 06:48 AM
Agree with all the advise from friends above, with a couple of modifications. Its unusual for all three stations to go kaput, usually its the top one. Before, doing anything on the feed, pull out the dev unit and examine the rear and the inside of the machine, at the back end, for leaked developer. If found to be leaking, replace unit, dev, remove registration as suggested above and clean , clean, clean !!!. On the feed unit its a number of gears and a lever that contain one way bearings. These are the ones you need to change. They are (AB017617, 1466, 1490, 1491, and B0656445). Good luck.

TonerMunkeh
07-31-2013, 02:18 PM
I have gotten into a habit of changing the bushings in the developer unit every dev change. Saves a lot of feed stations.

4 x item 3, 2 x item 6.

Herostrat
07-31-2013, 05:03 PM
I sugest that when rebuilding dev unit you use semerings on bushings,I'll post part number,can't remmber it now.
It's basicaly piece of rubber ring that you mount on mylar axis before mounting bushings,put them close to bushings so they can prevent developer to come close to bushing and eat it.
As they posted above do this on every developer change and you'll do fine,if by any chance mylar axis is eaten by developer then I'm afraid you'll need to change entire assembly.
You can recognise faulty pick up assembly by sound it makes when it jams,mount that faulty assembly and listen to it,motor will make noise,I lack the words to describe it.
I'll post codes for all gears that are required to replace so pick up assembly culd work propper.

andy227
07-31-2013, 08:05 PM
I'll post codes for all gears that are required to replace so pick up assembly culd work propper.
I already posted them above Hero, look at my post.

I have gotten into a habit of changing the bushings in the developer unit every dev change
All well and fine TM, but when the shaft running through those bushes is chewed up, as is the case half the time, its belly up for that dev unit.

ptrflrs
08-01-2013, 12:11 AM
I already posted them above Hero, look at my post.

All well and fine TM, but when the shaft running through those bushes is chewed up, as is the case half the time, its belly up for that dev unit.
I know they will go more but at some point I thought ricoh had posted a yield of 1 or 1.2 million for those dev units?!?

Herostrat
08-01-2013, 10:07 AM
I saw it but I culdn't remember the code for Feed lever B0656445,we can't obtain that and don't have it as part so we order one more small gear so we can use it's one way bearing to fit in old Feed lever.
I just thought you missed that,so my post is irelevant.

andy227
08-01-2013, 01:50 PM
No worries Hero. How comes you can't get just that one item ? You should try and get that also because there will always be that nagging doubt if something goes wrong. Thats why we change all of them because it is impossible to pinpoint exactly which one of those one-way bearing-ed gears and lever are slipping. Good luck.

Herostrat
08-03-2013, 11:50 AM
I do change all of them but instead of mounting new feed lever I mount old with one way bearing from new gear,I'm not shure why our logistics can't order those levers,perhaps gear that I disassemble is cheaper than lever?
My colegue managed to clean entire pick up assembly recently over a bet,he was stearing those bearings in some wierd alkohol/greese/hell-if-I-know concoction for like 30 min to clean them,then vacume then comresion blower then concoction again...and the damn thing works,I'm not shure for how long will it hold,but it took 200 papers without a problem.

steele
08-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Thanks for responses! I have ordered all parts that you wrote. Now I'm waiting for delivery.

Ronan
08-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Hello, you need to replace the 8 gears Paper feed section. that happens when you fall into the unit revealing feeding, changing bushings development unit and if the shaft bushings are damaged, take the shaft to a workshop for repairs or else ask for a new unit, greetings and good luck

Custom Search