PDA

View Full Version : mpc6501 white streaks

Custom Search

ash_572
07-31-2013, 07:16 PM
i started getting white shades on black only on the bottom half of page. colours are ok.
i noticed the developer was half empty so we changed the blacl dev unit with new developer.
few weeks later thesame problem occured again. Id sensor is clean. next time i just ordered developer and another engineer went back to replace it. i dont know if he folloed the developer setup procedure.

could this problem be caused by not setting up the developer procdure or is this something else??

i have uploaded a pictureindexOf21599

andy227
07-31-2013, 07:54 PM
could this problem be caused by not setting up the developer procdure or is this something else??
Something else, not a developer problem, I think you wasted two lots of developer for nothing. Whats the mileage on the copier/drums/etc ? If as you say, its only on the black, and you did solid test copies of all the colours, I would say thats a black drum issue (assuming you give us some idea of the drum mileage). Do you have another used drum to swap and test ?

Eric1968
07-31-2013, 08:06 PM
You must follow the correct procedure when replacing developer. The Development Unit should be completely empty. When the unit is empty, put it back in the machine and check SP3-817. If the value is 0 there's still some developer left in the unit, and if the value is 1 the machine detects that the unit is empty and you can proceed to the next step. After filling the unit with new developer (using SP3-814), check SP3-815 (value should be 1).
After that do TD-sensor Initialization (SP3-801), and check SP3-802, value should be 1. Then run Process Control with SP3-820-002 and after that check if SP3-817 1-4 read 0 for all colours. Then do SP2-111 (Line Positioning Adjustment).

This is the procedure for replacing developer. When you replace more you should run more adjustments. And make sure all firmware is up to the latest.

andy227
07-31-2013, 08:20 PM
I still say that dev set-up right or wrong is not his problem in this case. Look at the streaks, all at the same angle, running from LE to TE, its a rotational issue. In this order I would look at, black drum, black magnetic roller, black image transfer roller under the TB.

fbkhan3
07-31-2013, 08:31 PM
It doesn't seems to be the Issue with developer i guess,
yep,i would also go for drum,charger and cleaning laser shield glass.......Drum usually fails in these models way before PM life...

Happy Hunting!

ptrflrs
08-01-2013, 12:02 AM
Agree with Eric above. The diagonal striations remind me of the c3245 with a bad developer drive clutch. They are clearly caused by the augers inside the dev tank. Wonder if the machine is on a level surface since it is voiding only on one side? Maybe wrong developer used? How many clicks?

Smee
08-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Im sure ive had this before and it's the dev augers making that pattern. In my case I replaced the dev as it was getting low and it was sorted - youve already done this with no fix so perhaps a new dev tank?

zulufan1
08-12-2013, 12:46 AM
Since you have already replaced developer, my next guess would be something with the primary transfer roller, or the Power Pack inside the ITB... The rollers get impacted with toner and the transfer gets weak, usually on front side of machine... The inside of the belt is usually a filthy mess, and down around the board, totally covered in toner (which contains developer)... This causes lots of erratic operation, and poor copy quality.

CableGuy
08-12-2013, 03:36 PM
I'll put £5 on it being dev clutch or drive.... Did I mention that I dislike these machines with a passion... ;)

ptrflrs
08-12-2013, 07:43 PM
I'll put £5 on it being dev clutch or drive.... Did I mention that I dislike these machines with a passion... ;)not a big fan of these turds either. i don't think any tech has ever liked working on these. first it was the 3260c, then the c7500, then these c6501 and if the new c6502 kept the same pcu assy its probably gonna suck as well.

Custom Search