PDA

View Full Version : Jamming KHAAAAN!!!! Um, crap, sorry, I mean MPC4501!!!!!

Custom Search

Iowatech
08-01-2013, 01:43 AM
This is probably just be me being stupid, but I had a jamming problem from the bypass that was clearly a paper size detection error. I checked user tools and set the bypass for auto size detect, and got rid of a default bypass paper size setting with the program key (I actually didn't know you could do that, but I know better now).
Still the problem persisted, so I disassembled the covers on the right hand side of the machine to see if something was mechanically wrong. If you've done that as few times as I have, that actually takes a while. Another no go, though.
Then I checked service mode, and found that bypass tray paper size auto detect was turned off (SP1007). After I turned it on the bypass worked perfectly. D'oh.
I think I may have seen this on the 25 CPM model of this line earlier, too, but I didn't catch it then. Callback! Double d'oh!
Oh well, hope this can help somebody not feel as stupid as I do right now. Or, at least somebody can get a chuckle out of this.

Bantams
08-01-2013, 11:08 AM
I Hope you find the Guy that Fxxcked about with the SP codes and give him a good talking too :)

hood4472
08-03-2013, 05:15 PM
I hate when machines have double entries for settings, one in user mode and one in service mode. Either make it a service mode item or a user item, but not both. Glad you figured it out.

Ricohguy
08-06-2013, 01:58 AM
The Bypass Auto Detect that is in SP Modes if for identifying SEF paper as 8 1/2 x 14 instead of 8 1/2 x 11.

Tonerbomb
08-06-2013, 03:33 AM
did everyone forget about the double feed detect on the HV B/W or color production machines???????????????????? settings in the Key operator / TCRU tools and SP mode........

Iowatech
08-07-2013, 02:16 AM
did everyone forget about the double feed detect on the HV B/W or color production machines???????????????????? settings in the Key operator / TCRU tools and SP mode........

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I can say I honestly didn't think about that causing paper size detection jams, as all of the obvious double feed prevention problems I have run into have been with Risos and MBMs, which, best I can tell use a different way to detect double feeds than Ricohs. Still, that does make sense, and I'll keep an eye out for it.
Thanks!

Custom Search