PDA

View Full Version : MP 6002 card reader hookup problems

Custom Search

Copi tech
08-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the great site. First post but long time lurker.
Problem MP 6002 being hooked up to a Blackboard transaction CR3000 system.
Using the Optional counter interface unit type A EDP code 413012.
Using the Jamex cable 300950 to get my signal from the 20 pin connector on the card reader.
I know that pins A9 and B9 are copy enable. and A10 and B10 are copy count, this from a couple of sources
but Ricoh will not confirm this.
I get nothing from the interface unit as in count or enable. Yes it has been set in user tools for keycard.
Are there any other setting that need to be changed?
Has anyone here used the interface unit on a card reader system?
Thanks all

oldschool
08-05-2013, 02:39 PM
The type A kit is enabled through service modes not user tools. Turn off any keycard settings currently selected in user tools. Then go into SP5-113 and select Coin Rack. That has always been used with a Jamex 300950 cable. Others may work. I think there is an option for a prepaid car too. That may give you a better message on the op panel. Once this is selected there will be a new option in admin,sys settings keyoptools called "external charge unit management". Highlight the vended functions there.

Copi tech
08-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks, I forgot to say that you need to enable external device with SP-5113, then use the user tool function to
get reader on line. Come to fine out I had a bad BCU pcb that was giving me problems.
New pcb installed and it,s up and running.
Thanks

oldschool
08-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Your Welcome.
Unusual for that board to go but I have seen it before. That was my next guess. :)

Glad to hear it's sorted out.

Custom Search