PDA

View Full Version : curl reform during run on bizhub 1200

Custom Search

AB1984
08-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know if there's any firmware available for the 1200p that would allow you to temporarily stop a job so you can alter the tray/curl reform settings. It can get quite annoying waiting half an hour for a job to spool then finding out that your paper's coming out in loops.
And as a side-question, does anyone know the rationale behind not allowing you to change any settings during a run?

Many thanks

kmcopytech
08-18-2013, 05:27 AM
Do you know the name of this special firmware?

If is.Tell me.

I can download it!!!

AB1984
08-18-2013, 09:48 AM
sorry, I don't know if it even exists.

methogod
08-19-2013, 12:45 PM
which rip do you have?

also by now do you not know which paper curls and which doesnt....

We run on 950s and C6501/C7000 and its trial and error. i know the bigger color machines we can resend a job fast.

May be time to question your work flow.

request that your prepress or designers send you a sample of the job (so you can run that as a test) without waiting for the larger job to rip... but it should be ripping and printing while its running.

We have 950s with overlay on, high coverage, self mailers, and never have this issue of spooling then printing. Always rips for a minute then starts to print while it continues to spool and print.

i will look it up...

methogod
08-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Try to disable spool to hard drive --- see if this speeds it up.

To enable/disable HDD Spooling of print jobs in the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) before RIP, perform the following:
1. Touch [MACHINE] on the touchscreen.
2. Touch [Controller] on the touchscreen.
3. Touch [04 Job Spool Setting] on the touchscreen.
4. Touch [Auto], [Enable] or [Disable] on the touchscreen as desired by the customer.
5. Touch [OK] on the touchscreen.
6. Touch [Close] on the touchscreen.

AB1984
08-19-2013, 01:00 PM
The curling happens because for some reason my company keeps different bits of paper in different areas (different climates), fresh reams are usually fine, but boxed stock could come from anywhere in the warehouse, which means we can never tell (until we've actually run some) how a paper is going to curl, or even if it will.

But back to the RIP question, I didn't think you could actually get RIPs for black and white printers, we just send straight to the printer with no intermediary.

Cheers

Custom Search