PDA

View Full Version : C550 2nd side smudgy marks

Custom Search

dogsbody
02-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Hi all,
Anyone come across a bizhub C550 series machine that on the second side of copies will put a blurry mark after text. The best example is when I print a counter list double sided, the side printed on second has grey smudgey marks after the text the first side is always perfect.
I spent about two hours on it back and forth on the phone to konica adjusting voltages, calibrating and inspecting parts for no result. There is a modified guide apparantly but they have to order it from Japan and takes two months, so if anyone has seen it or has any thoughts, greatly appreciated.

rocky246
02-20-2008, 12:55 PM
I am having same problem on C451. It appears to be a residual image on the 2nd side only. It only happens on black. No matter what type of media is used. Tried replacing fuser, transfer belt, and black imaging unit with no luck. Tried temperature and calibration settings. Nothing seems to have an effect on it. Also updated firmware to latest version. Fuser and transfer belt counters did not reset also. Colors are changing in the middle of jobs also. KM rep. is coming to our office on Thursday. We'll see if he has any ideas. :confused:

Taminol
02-20-2008, 04:29 PM
I have seen a bulletin on a KM tech board somewhere.
Have you tried to increase the second transfer voltage to improve the output.
Service mode > Image Process Adjustment > Transfer Output Fine Adjustment > + 1 or
2 steps.
1 step = 100v

JSC
02-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Yea Taminol is spot on, you need to order a mod Guide sheet A00JP00300 (UK part number ) and attach it onto the guide after the transfer roller, Konica Minota say the transfer roller should be changed at the same time. Then you increase the secound transfer voltage. Bulletin dated 11th Feb ( UK )

dogsbody
02-21-2008, 12:49 PM
I have adjusted those voltages, we got the part number for the mod, 2 months before it arrives, we were able to minimise it but it is still there faintly. Not a happy customer.

Haroldbfix
03-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Any updates on the issue?

dogsbody
03-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Any updates on the issue?

I was looking after this for a guy on leave so he has now taken it over, that said it will be about 2 months before we get the parts from Japan.
When we fit the parts I will post the result.

Haroldbfix
04-11-2008, 06:22 PM
I was looking after this for a guy on leave so he has now taken it over, that said it will be about 2 months before we get the parts from Japan.
When we fit the parts I will post the result.

Did this issue get resolved?

dogsbody
04-12-2008, 06:02 AM
Did this issue get resolved?

Unfortunatly no, we are still waiting for the new parts, we have resorted to changeing transfer rolers which gives us a couple of weeks between calls.
Keep being told "soon".

Haroldbfix
06-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Unfortunatly no, we are still waiting for the new parts, we have resorted to changeing transfer rolers which gives us a couple of weeks between calls.
Keep being told "soon".

Its been a while any updates?

lucky13
06-26-2008, 08:19 AM
can you confirm if this is the mod , i also have this problem on 3 machines, bulletin mentions nothing of the image problem we are all having .JSC if this is not the bulletin can you post the wright one ,thanks
(http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/jsc.html)

dogsbody
06-26-2008, 08:31 AM
yes thats it. it works too.
sorry been slack of late.

lucky13
06-26-2008, 03:55 PM
thanks

rexton
10-26-2012, 04:46 PM
yes thats it. it works too.
sorry been slack of late.

I purchased a 2nd hand bizhub C550 and I have this same problem. Did you manage to solve the problem with the mod sheet?

Custom Search