PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Drum Wrapping

Custom Search

dannysaunders
08-29-2013, 09:00 PM
We have had a rash of paper getting sucked up in the drum carriage lately, seems to be only on humid days and only on 2 sided copies. I have had 5 of these calls and it seems like each time something different fixed it. I check drum ground, Separation bias and clean everything. Has anybody else been experiencing this lately and what has been fixing it for you?

Kidaver
08-29-2013, 09:11 PM
What type of machine? I'm gonna guess it's 601/751 machines?

minimerlin
08-29-2013, 09:18 PM
We have had a rash of paper getting sucked up in the drum carriage lately, seems to be only on humid days and only on 2 sided copies. I have had 5 of these calls and it seems like each time something different fixed it. I check drum ground, Separation bias and clean everything. Has anybody else been experiencing this lately and what has been fixing it for you?You gave the reason for the fault in your post...humidity! Usually along with poor quality and badly stored paper! Also it is helpful to let us know what machine you have a problem with. Help us save our crystal balls!:cool:

copier addict
08-29-2013, 09:22 PM
You gave the reason for the fault in your post...humidity! Usually along with poor quality and badly stored paper! Also it is helpful to let us know what machine you have a problem with. Help us save our crystal balls!:cool:

Wow, you have crystal balls? Do they clink when you walk? haha

Nwankwo lawrence
08-29-2013, 10:36 PM
So difficult to install develop 450 with generic 35c-1 printer driver. All neceessary connetion i have done, but the machine refuses. I know its possible to connect. Maybe i must have lost few steps. If anyone have experience such case please let me know. I need a solution to the installation problem

EarthKmTech
08-29-2013, 11:29 PM
So difficult to install develop 450 with generic 35c-1 printer driver. All neceessary connetion i have done, but the machine refuses. I know its possible to connect. Maybe i must have lost few steps. If anyone have experience such case please let me know. I need a solution to the installation problem

Yeah, thats relevant to the original post.

blackcat4866
08-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Do we know what model yet? I'm guessing PRO 920/950 ...

Do I hear clinking? =^..^=

dannysaunders
08-30-2013, 12:00 AM
Give a newbie a break. It's on 601's mostly. I cant fix the humidity though, just wondering if you guys had some tips and tricks.

Do we know what model yet? I'm guessing PRO 920/950 ...

Do I hear clinking? =^..^=

emujo
08-30-2013, 12:01 AM

Nwankwo..old Indian term for "head up his ass". Emujo

dannysaunders
08-30-2013, 12:03 AM
First side comes through perfectly flat, second side jumps into the drum claws.

suomi
08-30-2013, 06:22 AM
Try adjust separate voltage in transfer corona.
Check drum claw.

CraigW
08-30-2013, 02:17 PM
They have recently fixed those long running drum wrap issues.....

Konica Minolta 652/552.

The 7155 series had a good run, except they never resolved any of it's problem from day one. Roll the dice !

scottybbb
08-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Try moving the drum claw solenoid over to put claws closer to drum.On 601/751 you cannot move it very much but on the 920/950 series it can be moved.Has worked for me.

blackcat4866
08-31-2013, 01:48 AM
Try moving the drum claw solenoid over to put claws closer to drum.On 601/751 you cannot move it very much but on the 920/950 series it can be moved.Has worked for me.

On the 950 I've gone so far as to engage the drum solenoid all the time. Some paper still sneaks past, and you get broken drum claws too. There is a switch setting to keep the drum claws engaged the entire time the copy job is running, then disengage when the job is completed. I've gotten the best result from that setting. =^..^=

methogod
09-01-2013, 12:51 AM
you can set the paper to "PINK" or another color, which will help.

I have a few 920s that do this...

Kidaver
09-05-2013, 05:32 PM

Could you explain this in a little more detail please? I have a couple that this might work on...one at a high school in particular that would save me a lot of grief if this could remedy the issue. I am there about every 2-3 weeks pulling paper out of the cleaning unit after it gets packed full and pulls a page up under the charge plate. It's also wrecking the cleaning blade now so I'd like to knock this one out if this fix will work.

methogod
09-05-2013, 07:06 PM
set all paper trays to PINK or GREEN, it slightly changes the charge, and should stop wrapping.

dannysaunders
09-06-2013, 04:27 PM
It seems to be a case by case basis what has been fixing these. I have engaged claws to always contact drum on a couple, raise sep bias on a couple and one I had to replace the whole drum carriage. Seems to be happening more on newer machines. The old horses are holding up just fine.

scottybbb
09-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Could you explain this in a little more detail please? I have a couple that this might work on...one at a high school in particular that would save me a lot of grief if this could remedy the issue. I am there about every 2-3 weeks pulling paper out of the cleaning unit after it gets packed full and pulls a page up under the charge plate. It's also wrecking the cleaning blade now so I'd like to knock this one out if this fix will work.

Just pull drum claw assembly off loosen screws that hold solenoid on and move solenoid so that claws are closer to drum.On 601/751 there is very little movement that can be done.But I have done it with some success.

pepper38_cnd
09-06-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't know if that machine has it, but on the 920 --> special paper--> second side separation--> increase the number by about 20 and test.

dave novak
05-08-2014, 03:01 PM
after doing everything said. i found that increasing vr 702 on the hv pcb. be carefull too much will give you a code. also go too the charge settings and increase the transfer voltage too 110.. GOOD LUCK Boise paper?

Downunder
05-10-2014, 05:23 AM
what is resistance from drum retaining screw to ground. Should be less than 5-8 ohms. Check while copier is running. It always helps to let us know what the total meter count on all posts. If resistance fluctuates a fair bit it can be either the drum retaining collar needs to be cleaned from any deposits. Or it could be the earthing strap/collar on the main shaft at the rear of the copier, behind the flywheel needs a good clean and bit more pressure added (reform the strap).

Could also try reducing the fuser temp, depending on client's copy requirements, heavy stock etc.

Are the drum-pawls sitting in correct position and loose (not binding due to toner sticking on shaft) and also check solonoid is working ok.

How old is transsep -- transfer seperation can be changed up to about 110 - 120 .

Hope some of this helps

dave novak
05-12-2014, 02:11 PM
the BH600 has 1.4 mil. on it. some of are techs are convinced that it's the paper. the first side lays flat the second side glues it's self too the drum? I will check and clean that ground, and the front shaft retainer. The ts corona is new with no change. Thank You for your help.

Phrag
05-14-2014, 12:54 AM
We still have 4 or so 601's out in schools. In my experience, its never been a humidity issue. Every time I see paper getting caugth inside the drum cartridge, or getting nice hole punches in the imaging section, it's always the drum claw solenoid not operating, leaving the claws off the drum.

Pulling off that claw assembly and giving it a good shake and clean seemed to fix it up. All that toner messes around with the solenoid.

Custom Search