PDA

View Full Version : Problem With KM C6500 spent toner removal

Custom Search

makutzi
09-09-2013, 09:02 AM
I have a C6500 print engine which works just beautifully but recently I have had quite some hassles with it. After about 200 prints I get spoons-ful of toner falling onto the pages and smudges all over - then after a short while I get a sting of errors (mainly C4520). After many trials and checks I realised that the "toner remover assy" which slots onto the printing belt has a lot of spent toner in it and somehow it is not transported into the spent- toner bin. I removed the "toner remover assy" and cleaned it out and also tested the "worm srew drive" which is supposed to transport the spent toner out and all works fine.

Further I also removed the "gutter system" which is supposed to remove the spent tone to the bin to see if there are any blockages, and with some patience I managed it, cleaned it all and refitted the lot (on the inside of the machine). The problem is still there which makes me believe that perhaps the motor which drives the "spent toner gutter system" is perhaps not working well. I have a I/O test list with codes of various motors which I can switch on and off by means of different codes but cant seem to find the one for the Toner removal system.

The problem is really that the spent toner from the belt is not transported out of the machine properly and keeps on accumulating in the "removal assy" on the belt and then falls out onto the colour registration sensors and the works below - needless to say that this creating a lot of mess, not to mention the times I have to remove the entire Colour registration assy in order to clean it out as well as the sensors.

Maybe someone had a similar problem fixed ot knows of any idea to try and solve this. I have also photos of the parts in question. Sorry if I did not use the right names of the various parts - hope it is clear enough.

On the one photo the red circle shows the motor which I think is defective???, the blue outlines the horizontal "Gutter system" and the yellow the mess created each time after about 200 prints. The other pic is of the horizontal "gutter system"

Any help or suggestions are very welcome

makutzi
09-10-2013, 07:40 AM
i have a c6500 print engine which works just beautifully but recently i have had quite some hassles with it. After about 200 prints i get spoons-ful of toner falling onto the pages and smudges all over - then after a short while i get a sting of errors (mainly c4520). After many trials and checks i realised that the "toner remover assy" which slots onto the printing belt has a lot of spent toner in it and somehow it is not transported into the spent- toner bin. I removed the "toner remover assy" and cleaned it out and also tested the "worm srew drive" which is supposed to transport the spent toner out and all works fine.

Further i also removed the "gutter system" which is supposed to remove the spent tone to the bin to see if there are any blockages, and with some patience i managed it, cleaned it all and refitted the lot (on the inside of the machine). The problem is still there which makes me believe that perhaps the motor which drives the "spent toner gutter system" is perhaps not working well. I have a i/o test list with codes of various motors which i can switch on and off by means of different codes but cant seem to find the one for the toner removal system.

The problem is really that the spent toner from the belt is not transported out of the machine properly and keeps on accumulating in the "removal assy" on the belt and then falls out onto the colour registration sensors and the works below - needless to say that this creating a lot of mess, not to mention the times i have to remove the entire colour registration assy in order to clean it out as well as the sensors.

Maybe someone had a similar problem fixed ot knows of any idea to try and solve this. I have also photos of the parts in question. Sorry if i did not use the right names of the various parts - hope it is clear enough.

On the one photo the red circle shows the motor which i think is defective???, the blue outlines the horizontal "gutter system" and the yellow the mess created each time after about 200 prints. The other pic is of the horizontal "gutter system"

any help or suggestions are very welcome

update on above:

The motor driving the gear which in turn drives the toner removal system is working - found the i/o code - it is linked with the main motor which drives the belt. So it is not the motor at fault.

ismailc
09-16-2013, 07:43 PM
update on above:

The motor driving the gear which in turn drives the toner removal system is working - found the i/o code - it is linked with the main motor which drives the belt. So it is not the motor at fault.

Hi

I had a similar problem where the anlgled gear wich turns the 'gutter system', had its center worn out which causes only the motor and gear to turn and not the cleaning system.
Hope this helps.

regards

makutzi
09-17-2013, 07:14 AM
Hi

I had a similar problem where the anlgled gear wich turns the 'gutter system', had its center worn out which causes only the motor and gear to turn and not the cleaning system.
Hope this helps.

regards

Hi, Thanks for the positive feedback - I had also thought of this possibility but fortunately the gears are all fine and still working, not worn out yet. We managed to solve the the problem late last night. I fitted a new transfer belt and replaced all the transfer rollers in the Transfer assembly. Then all of a sudden the device spilled toner on the other side of the transfer belt and not spoon-fuls anymore but just a little bit. I adjusted the alignment cam on the transfer assy (2 notched forward) and the spillage stopped!!!!

The operator then also informed me that ever since they had the last belt fitted they had a toner spill problem - sometimes more and at times less. I guess the main problem was then that the belt was warping and buckling and as it turned at speed it probably spilled toner out on the side where it buckled. - what a business and what a simple solution - the lesson to be learnt here is that one should take all factors into consideration - past similar problems, when they started and then think a bit "out of the box" ha ha ha. Thanks for all the help

:cool:

JustManuals
09-17-2013, 05:33 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Custom Search