PDA

View Full Version : Question about B/W 754

Custom Search

DigiMan
10-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with the B/W754 series,are they overall good machines?

EarthKmTech
10-01-2013, 01:03 PM
have several in the field now, haven't had any major problems with them.

if you've worked on the c754 you already know it, and its accessories minus the colour parts.

the black only 654/754 also are technically E series, but not officially called that so they have the newer control panel lacking hard numeric keys.

DigiMan
10-01-2013, 02:15 PM
have several in the field now, haven't had any major problems with them.

if you've worked on the c754 you already know it, and its accessories minus the colour parts.

the black only 654/754 also are technically E series, but not officially called that so they have the newer control panel lacking hard numeric keys.

The only experience i've had is with the c554 and no one has called since i installed it so im guessing its running smooth.
Apart from that we shall see :D
Thanks a lot man for the fast reply :D

emujo
10-02-2013, 02:03 PM
The 754 is a C754 with all the color parts removed. The only issues we have seen is some email failures, and tray 3 jams. Emujo

CraigW
10-02-2013, 03:22 PM
No more recycled toner...... Yee Haw.

Should be a great machine.

jjohnston12385
10-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Before I left KM last week, I had only been on a couple of service calls for this model range (out of the 200+ in the field). Overall, I feel that this and the 654 are very decent machines. Like someone above me said, if you've worked on the C versions, you already know these. Getting into tech-rep mode might be a bit tricky for some (a few of our techs would try multiple times with no luck but they were listening for the beeps). If you just quickly enter the code it should pop right into SM. Other than that, I had no complaints with them. Sometimes the control panel can be a bit laggy on the 4-series machines, but there was no rhyme or reason to it.

As for anything lower than the 654, I was not a fan of the large tray 3 because of the cheap plastic gate. Customers would load the paper on both side and slam the tray shut and it would shift a bit and block the gate and it would either code out or tray 3 would go into trouble isolation.

DigiMan
10-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks a lot for the info everyone!Appreciate it :D

Custom Search