PDA

View Full Version : Strange Halo around Magenta Minolta C350

Custom Search

copygal
10-04-2013, 10:15 PM
So cheap customer buy craigslist color copier for his business. Color copier works for less than two months, but has print quality problem. Kyocera/Okidata tech troubleshoots...prints color blocks..cyan, black, yellow and magenta. Magenta block does not have crisp sharp edges...all other color/black blocks look correct. Any ideas as to where to start?? Customer doing prints for local McDonald's...desparately needs good prints but too cheap to buy new machine.

Flash
10-04-2013, 10:23 PM
I would start by removing the imaging units and cleaning the print heads with the cleaning wand.

JustManuals
10-05-2013, 07:42 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EarthKmTech
10-05-2013, 08:49 AM
if its blurry you will need to clean the print heads with something other than the wand - or wet it with something that wont destroy the print heads. (i use my spray can of rubber roller restorer with great success)

the LED print heads get a build up on them which cannot be removed dry.

and for the record, c350 internal print controler colour accuracy is utter crap by todays standards, when fitted with a fiery its almost passable though. I wouldnt use the standard controler for anything more than 3 line word documents or printing comic strips and even then it'd be as slow as hell.

Dickie
10-05-2013, 01:26 PM
remove magenta i/u and move by hand the led print head, wiggle it side to side.
This fault is normally caused by the lifting springs not pushing it back up to the correct position when the i/u lift lever is re-positioned.
The springs tend to stick and not spring back fully but usually a good shake will cure this

Custom Search