PDA

View Full Version : Xerox 3010, Error Code : E351

Custom Search

Technotronic
02-26-2006, 12:40 AM
Machine worked fine, then one day after saying \'please wait\' in the dispaly, it beeped, and give this error code. I was able to get some info on this error code from a manual someone online had. Seems it begins with opening the unit, and locating the main drive motor - \'RAP\' or \'ROS\' ?

I flipped open the side door, then unlatched the top cover to swing open , and the Drum / toner enclosure unhooks, and swings up and down, but I dont see the fan that attaches to the motor shaft they are saying to try to spin manually by hand. I attach a photo of the copier...anyone have experience with this office copier / fax? I dont do too many of these, as I am mostly an AV tech by nature. Any assistance appreciated.

Post edited by: technotronic, at: 2006/02/25 16:45

Technotronic
02-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Here is the photo http://www.copytechnet.com/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/files/xerox3010.zip

Post edited by: technotronic, at: 2006/02/25 16:46

Technotronic
03-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Hey, I found out that the fuser rod is open. Also the roller its enclosed in , which is brown color, is scored on the left side. Anyone know a good site or company to call for these parts? This machine is pretty old, I estimate circa 1990.

Bob L
03-11-2006, 07:27 PM
:cheer: look at reprographics-intl.com
BOB L

Bob L
03-11-2006, 07:28 PM
BOB L

Technotronic
03-14-2006, 04:25 AM
Bob L wrote:

BOB L

Well, I wound up calling Xerox directly, and they steered me to a \'time and materials\' department which is for parts for machines out of contract, which mine is. They have the fuser and heat roller in stock, so ordered them. That other place looks good too...probably cheaper than Xerox, IF they have the parts. Lots of places never returned my calls or voice mails, but got a real person at Xerox. Amazing.

Technotronic
04-05-2006, 05:32 AM
I replaced the fuser lamp which was burnt out and is the main problem. I can see through a crack near the fuser door, the lamp lights, and it pulsates as if its trying to reach a certain temperature, but never does. It tries forever and the LCD display says \'please wait\' all the time. Its suppose to say this for perhaps 5 minutes max going by last experience with a good lamp. There is a thermal cutoff fuse and a thermal switch feeding one side of the lamp. The fuse is good. I suspect the thermal switch is suppose to open up the circuit at a certain temperature which in turn stops the pulsating and will drop the \'please wait\' message? Or is that there for protection of overheating? Either way, I let it run for nearly a half hour, ant the switch never opened. On the bench I got it to click after IMMENSE heat...but would not close unless I hit it with freeze spray. I think its shot...no? Any idea what the temp ought to be for a new one? IE: close at 180 degrees for nominal fuser temp? Im attaching a photo of the Thermal switch.

The number stamped into the metal side case as follows:

S26-4-175 L220C 90/N

On the back which is white ceramic it says:

Elmwood
2450RC
http://www.copytechnet.com/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/elmwood.JPG

Bob L
04-05-2006, 04:32 PM
That is an overheat thermostate ,not suposed to open .Does the thermostate touch the heat roller ?
BOB L

Technotronic
04-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Bob L wrote:

That is an overheat thermostate ,not suposed to open .Does the thermostate touch the heat roller ?
BOB L

Hard to tell. It mounts to the inside of a plastic removable shroud...Ill try attaching a pix of it here.

Next to it is the thermistor. The shroud is not adjustable, and just has (2) screws holding it down in one spot, theres plastic posts that serve as guides so the shroud \'locks\' into one position only.

Another former copier tech said this is a redundant failsafe in case of an overheat, and after I explained how I bench tested it, he said it sounds like its working. I still dont understand why it wont close back unless its hit with cold spray though. I even let it sit overnight at room temp, and it would not close back. However, if it stayed open while in the machine, I would not have the lamp lit, and it remains pulsing on and off at different intervals for at least 30 mins. If this switch opened, the lamp would not be lighting at all because its in series with one wire of the lamp. I hear the normal \'click\' that sounds like a relay somewhere in the machine, which in the past has meant the \'please wait\' would go away, but it does not.

Technotronic
04-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Hopefully the photo appears this time

Technotronic
04-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Trying it as an attachment

Still no good. Here is a URL for the photo:

http://users.adelphia.net/~techforce/3010fuser.jpg

Or: http://users.adelphia.net/~techforce/3010fuser.jpg

Post edited by: technotronic, at: 2006/04/05 09:46

Bob L
04-05-2006, 11:41 PM
:( Not familure with this model , if you hear a relay I would track it down and go from there .Your former tech is correct about the overheat , I was trying to say the same thing .BOB L 604-590-2902

Technotronic
04-07-2006, 03:22 AM
The former tech got back to me again. He said to make sure the thermistor, which is in that picture attached to the shroud, is making physical contact with the heat roller. Its mounted on a flexable steel tab which looks like you can bend it in case its not making contact. Will try that next, and he says if not, then I may have moved something in the gear train thats now out of position, and he said the service manual would tell me how to go from here. The S-M is actually still available from Xerox. Will post next results here - Thanks.

Custom Search