PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c652 Problem with fuser roller (Rubber comes out)

Custom Search

occus
12-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Hello

Had anyone the same problem that the Fusing-Unit Roller is broken too soon? small pieces of red/orange rubber comes out.
I changed every time the fusing unit but 4x for 100'000 prints is to expensive... (last change on April, now i have rubber pieces again)
I know KM has changed something with the material but the problem persists.

I lowered the temperature -5° but nothing helps... all other values of the machine are default.
Standby is about 15min.
No dirt on Sensors!
Firmware is the last current version...

Should i replace the other sensor parts? i think thats not the solution...
The machine is not in a office, but the room has always minimum 18°C

Avskrap
12-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Is the customer running heavier stock? On normal settings? Or some kind of different kind of paper?

occus
12-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Hi Avskrap

Yes sometime 100-110g as normal paper and not as thick1 (needed for half folding), but i think thats ok in this low print volume. ?!

EarthKmTech
12-21-2013, 03:33 AM
I know this issue.

if the machines are used like a production machine and exclusively use Large paper doesn't even have to be thick, IE, A3 in the metric world, i dont know what yours is, the fuser rubber starts to crumble around 100 - 150k.

I tried everything, including lowering temperatures etc, even swapping the machine over for a new one and it still did the same thing on two machines being used in this manner. KM were of no assistance and we ended up selling them something else, sorry.

Its the way its being used and there is nothing you can do about it, thats the conclusion we came to.

Theres a reason production machines have decent fusers, unlike the toys fitted inside office machines.

Custom Search