PDA

View Full Version : CQ C550 IU-back developer-jam

Custom Search

Laserbeam
12-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Hi at all,

I know, the problem is known and has been discussed often here in the forum.
Lately, this problem often appeared at the same machine. This is the 3rd IU-black in a short time and none of the Units reached their lifetime. The customer is annoyed and I have to invest al lot of time.
The machine is absolutely in a horizontal position. The IU is additionally secured with a metal bracket.
What else could cause this error?
Maybe there is a solution in the meantime, that I didn't know yet? :rolleyes:

look at the attached Pictures!

oh sorry, I had make a mistake in the title, it should be called IU-black, not IU back!

minimerlin
12-21-2013, 09:15 PM
I have had some success by squeezing the DB gap slightly to reduce the brush height. OK if the user only does text printing but not if photos etc. Also never shake the K Iu`s! I would make sure all HV connections are good and clean as well.

Good Luck...this problem is inherent with these machines.

Synaux
12-22-2013, 05:40 AM
I have had experienced this issue numerous times and it is really damn annoying.
I show up, clean the IU and contacts, then run the machine and everything is perfect. Next day or so, same issue arises and nobody is happy.
For this reason I keep all old black IUs that would never pass any quality check, but will work temporarily.

Most of the time, I am relegated to replacing the IU--expensive and wasteful...Konica's solution is to replace the "Faulty Black Imaging Unit"

Regarding shaking the IUs I am certain that UPS, FedEX, et al do not heed the markings on the IU boxes. :/

Laserbeam
12-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Thanks for your fast replies!

how do I get to the HV-contacts? Is it sufficient to remove the transver-belt to get from the interior side to the HV-contacts? Or do I have to remove all components from the rear side to remove the HV-unit?

RRodgers
12-22-2013, 05:00 PM
I have had some success by squeezing the DB gap slightly to reduce the brush height. OK if the user only does text printing but not if photos etc. Also never shake the K Iu`s! I would make sure all HV connections are good and clean as well.

Good Luck...this problem is inherent with these machines.

I've lowered the DB gap with some success as well.

Custom Search