PDA

View Full Version : Image problem on Minolta QMS magicolor 2300dl

Custom Search

DadO
03-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Hy fellow KM techs, greetings to all!

In start i don't have a much experience of older models of Minolta brand since i'm trained on new ones :)

Machine have 1700 prints but its been put in costumer warehouse for 2 years, probably without proper protection. When he turned it on he got output like this

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3010/image001mf5.jpg

User thought that hes missing a toner so he put a compatible toner which is a problem for me now but he swear that image was same before a new toner was added.

This image is and demo page from a 2300dl. When i print a configuration sheet EVERYTHING is ok! thers a black toner on a paper since config sheet uses only black

One this is strange too. When i stop printer during printing of demo page i can see toner and the pictures on ITB belt but they don't want to transfer image to paper completely.
Another strange thing too is when i print a config page everything is ok but when i print a demo page paper jams.80% of paper gets out of fuzer then it stops...

If anyone had similar problem please post it. I would APPRECIATE ANY HELP!

THX ahead!!

Scott_Lewis
03-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Run "Test Page 1" and "Test Page 2" from the Quality Menu. Don't know what the page looks like off hand, but it may help isolate the color problem. Just double checked, those pages may only be available on the 2350....... Also, I would try (maybe, based on results of test pages) changing out one of the toners with a genuine KM cartridge.

Can't help with mystery jam.

Normanhomer
04-05-2008, 05:03 AM
Check the second transfer roller on the door on the right side.
Also be aware that although the config page may show toner as plenty there the toner capacity settings in the printer may be incorrect. IE:The toners read as High capacity when they are really Standard capacity(4.5k vs. 1.5k)
Norman

nmfaxman
04-05-2008, 06:43 AM
I see no yellow or black. Check the drum or developer motors. The one that controls black and yellow is the failure.

sharkdiver
11-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Dado,

I am servicng a 2300Dl with the exact same issues. 1170 copies. Long time storage. Printing same demo with same jam. Ok with Black print fro a Word processor.

Did you ever figure out the exact fix? If so what was it? If not, what di you and did you not try?

Thanks

fixthecopier
11-09-2008, 01:11 AM
If I remember correct, the best solution would be to throw it away and save yourself some pain. Not my favorite printer.

sharkdiver
11-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Thowing ou the unit is not a solution.

Hell, if as repair personnel we just directed our customers to buy a new unit we would all be out of business.

Does anyone out there have a CONSTRUCTIVE solution. I would hope that DadO found out what the casue of his problmes where.

Thanks

DadO
11-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Jea jea i did find it......in the deep darkens where i put copy machines for part usage....:D Sorry m8 i placed to much work in it and at the end i got sleepless nights.

U could try to swap PU1 (main supply board on the top of the printer, under the cover) since i was 80% sure that shes an problem and i hope u have one to try

fixthecopier
11-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Thowing ou the unit is not a solution.

Hell, if as repair personnel we just directed our customers to buy a new unit we would all be out of business.

Does anyone out there have a CONSTRUCTIVE solution. I would hope that DadO found out what the casue of his problmes where.

Thanks

Perhaps I should give more info so you will understand. My past experience with that printer has had me repairing the machine and having the same thing go wrong months later. If they have a maintenance contract, that is bad for your company and if they do not, it is bad for them. Sometimes throwing money at a bad printer does not benefit anybody.Your customers will trust you more if they feel that you are acting in their best interest. That will reflect well on your company and you as a tech. I have on more than one occasion, gone on a call, condemn the printer, not charge for the call and had them buy a new one from another source. Then about a year later they will call back for me to fix their newer piece of junk because they trust me, or the service with the new company sucks. My service is OUTSTANDING!!!. That is documented by the massive amount of repeat paid business I bring in, and further highlighted by the fact that I sold more printers this year than anyone in our sales department. Sometimes good service is not fixing something.

Custom Search