PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 350 faxing 0x0000999a

Custom Search

brent
01-09-2014, 05:56 PM
bizhub 350 sits there and it aborts. either faxing or printing it will just abort. I replace the mfbs board. that did not fix
I initialized then did a total reset. nothing. I have the fax board disconected. it still did it. the service book is not
really clear but it said replace the mfbs board and the fax board. any thooughts>?
I think the code I stated is correct. hard to make it do it and record the code. thanks
brent

wseyller
01-09-2014, 06:19 PM
There is a special firmware that is available that will help with these 999a abort codes. I have correct the issue a few times with it. Firmware A11U-0100-H12-08-002

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

brent
01-09-2014, 06:29 PM
I just got a 421 firmware updated the other day. I need to take a look and I will do it.
thanks a mill
brent

wseyller
01-09-2014, 09:56 PM
And also I will mention that it is aborting probably due to a print job in a print queue somewhere that the copier can't handle. Usually disconnecting the network cable will keep it from aborting. The firmware allow the copier to accept the job.

brent
01-09-2014, 10:57 PM
upon closer look. I have seen this code before as well. I went and got my flash drive to upload firmware. and guess what. it takes a different type of card. I have the flash drive. and then the older minolta card for the cf 2001 but it takes a special card I guess.
I downloaded the manual and am looking. I am kind of stuck on how to get a card
and the utility to do such.

thanks for the help

brent

brent
01-09-2014, 11:03 PM
also. Idid see a print job coming in. is it more of a stuck job or a certain type of operating system? how does one
figure out what computer its coming from on the network. is it possible? I appreciate all the help

brent

brent
01-10-2014, 12:56 AM
I just got back from the account. something interesting.. I say.. happened..

its always the copiers fault right? ha anyways. they have another identical bizhub 350 they hooked it up and within 5 minutes. boom it had the same code. so I talked to the administrator and told him there was something probably knocking it out. in print que. he is going to use a shark something. and watch the packets come in tomorrow..

also Ihooked the original copier up. the one this post is about. as a fax and copier. no ethernet connection. and it doesnt' abort out. so. I think were onto something here

I reallly appreciate all the help on this

brent

wseyller
01-10-2014, 01:05 AM
The program is wire shark. Very useful tool. They could use it to see anything going to the Mac address of the copier. The packets of that information could then show what computer it came from.

The copier uses a normal cf card. Unlike some other models the formatting of the card can just be a basic fat32 format. When you extract the firmware you get about 7 files I think. Just drop the files on the root of the card. Put the card in with machine powered off then boot it up. Also I would remove the cat5 cable before updating.

Usually after firmware fix the job that caused the mess will start printing out.

copier addict
01-10-2014, 01:57 AM
The CF card needed can't be any bigger than 256mb. Wseyller is correct in that there is no special utility needed to write the card. Just highlight files and send to the card.

wseyller
01-10-2014, 02:20 AM
The CF card needed can't be any bigger than 256mb. Wseyller is correct in that there is no special utility needed to write the card. Just highlight files and send to the card.

I believe the size of the card does matter. Though my company only supplied me with two 512MB cf cards. It does not work for any models that requires firmware imaging toolkit but for models like the bizhub 350 my 512MB sandisk does indeed work very well.

Every time I need a cf card for firmware imaging toolkit I have to borrow one from a tech that has a good one they've had from 10 years ago. Lately though I've setup my laptop with ftp utility and tried to do away with cf cards.

copier addict
01-10-2014, 02:25 AM
I use a 128mb card, but, any 512mb cards I have tried have failed and I have tried several different brands with the bh350 line.

wseyller
01-10-2014, 03:13 AM
I use a 128mb card, but, any 512mb cards I have tried have failed and I have tried several different brands with the bh350 line.

Yeah I think it his hit or miss. But I swear my 512 has worked flawless on bizhub 200/250/350 series and 222/282/362. Only on these models does my card work.

brent
01-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Had a talk with the administrator and they traced it down to a dictation machine sending a bad print job to this machine. Thanks again to all who helped

Brent

lv2fix
01-19-2014, 02:40 AM
Here's the problem and fix after 1 month and several bizhub 200/250/350/423 and more.

Started with Vista and Windows 7 drivers.

The copier is confused and aborts every 3.5 minutes.
Someone added a new PC, laptop or reinstalled a driver.

Unfortunately you have to hunt down the offending print queue.
May have to delete driver and reinstall.
May have to restart PC to delete or reinstall driver.

The SNMP and Auto configuration of options in the driver is causing chit chat which interferes with print jobs.

"Uncheck" SNMP box in print driver located in PORT Configuration.
Also uncheck "auto" box for machine configuration (automatically configures options).

Tried boards and firmware with no success.

I had to change the copier nic IP Address and go to each PC until the offending PC was found.

Customer swore that nothing changed and its the machine.

I configure all drivers to Port 9100, "uncheck" SNMP and AUTO configuration.

brent
01-19-2014, 04:22 AM
This is all such good info. In my case. They actually found the unit sending crappy info to the printer. It was an old dictation unit. I'm glad they found it

RRodgers
01-19-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm finding it's almost always a bad print job that will cause a 999a. Hard to tie it down when there are lots of PC's in the building. I just had an HP give me a 49 code and sure enough it was a stuck print job. I even updated the firmware from 6.050 to 6.171 and it still did it. They said it can't be the print job because that same job has been stuck in the queue for 2 years. We'll.... it's fix. :)

Custom Search