View Full Version : scan to email using mail sever office 365

Custom Search

beano
01-30-2014, 02:14 AM
No matter what I try can't get scan to email to work using 365
It use to work they business switch to 365 I try SSL help

EarthKmTech
01-30-2014, 09:10 AM
I've done it before, no problem, following the instructions i found on the internet relating specifically to bizhubs.

It took 2 hours to get it to work, and the problem in the end was a typo in the email address given to me, once the correct information was entered it worked perfectly.

Bizhub C280.

TheOwl
02-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Does the site have in IT person who administers the Exchange server?

Generally you will need to provide a valid email address, username, password, SMTP server name, and encryption type which by default in Exchange is TLS.

danblee
02-07-2014, 05:59 PM
What kind of an error are you getting? SMTP is going to play a big role here. You'll need to know exactly where it is failing, sometimes the error you get from the scanner will help. We use our own discovery server, which makes it really easy to allow scans from one place to another. If you have an admin watching the traffic through the discovery server, you'll be able to see how far the scans are making it for sure.

Hope this helps. Sorry there's no definitive answer at this point.

speedtek
02-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Here are your typical Office 365 settings:

server = pod51011.outlook.com
port = 587
encryption = STARTTLS

For authentication the username is the full e-mail address.

You also need to make sure the "from" address is the same as your authentication e-mail address. This is set under the "administrator e-mail address" in the admin settings.

Let me know if this helps.

dirtyfingers
02-20-2014, 07:56 AM
I agree...make sure from address is from the MVP
Scan to me won't work (even set to admin)

Also try the IP address instead of server address
Some mfps have issues with DNS

bperdue
07-03-2014, 06:59 PM

port = 587
encryption = STARTTLS

For authentication the username is the full e-mail address.

You also need to make sure the "from" address is the same as your authentication e-mail address. This is set under the "administrator e-mail address" in the admin settings.

I use these setting and everything works for me, most of the time. The issue we have with Office 365 is a random server connect error (C284 latest firmware). Scan- fail, scan- success, sometimes no fail just success. Idea's on random server connect errors? I would rather not tell the customer to just scan the document twice if it fails the first time.

speedtek
07-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Is the system time on the copier correct? I've seen this cause issues in some cases.

I've also had some customers that have it randomly stop working, and then it starts working again after they log into the copier's account in webmail.

speedtek
07-23-2014, 01:47 PM
In the past couple weeks I've had several XX4 non-e copiers stop working with Office365. Something is definitely going on. There's a thread in the Connectivity forum that suggests that MS has been systematically updating their servers to use a certain version of TLS, which apparently these machines don't seem to support.

I'm thinking the only thing that will fix this is a firmware update from KM.

EarthKmTech
07-26-2014, 02:17 AM
OK,

I was at a customer yesterday where scanning to office 365 on a non e, 4 series just stopped working. Nothing had changed, I couldnt get it to work either and have done before.

Its interesting that you mention the MS upgrade.

perhaps someone needs to escallate this to KM

Function version 5 FW for NON E's was just releiased this morning though. Maybe worth a shot.

hotfuser
07-28-2014, 02:34 PM
OK,

I was at a customer yesterday where scanning to office 365 on a non e, 4 series just stopped working. Nothing had changed, I couldnt get it to work either and have done before.

Function version 5 FW for NON E's was just releiased this morning though. Maybe worth a shot.

i have spoke with KM and escalated this. It was mentioned that it is all to do with the version of TLS ver 1.0 works and ver 1.1 doesnt.

i have included a link that may help as a work around.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-GB/library/dn554323%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-GB/library/dn554323%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx)

stan780953
07-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Is there any more info on this problem with non 'E' machines? I have a C284 which has stopped working but can use the same auth settings on a C224e and it works fine.

emujo
07-28-2014, 03:44 PM
OK,

I saw your post and thought "great, function ver 5 for the non Es". Looked at the firmware listing for all of the color non E machines, and the last posting is in May 2014. Where are you finding this ver 5 update? Emujo

EarthKmTech
07-28-2014, 07:46 PM
It's available in my country, i suspect you may have to wait a while yet to see it.

I didnt realise it is actually customised firmware for those wanting function 5 on non e's on request, it also has 160 bug fixes but doesnt mention anything about tls version, I predict something else is in the pipeline for everyone, maybe...

from the document;

<< Caution>> Per customer request, this firmware was released preferentially
This firmware is for the special user who mainly uses IWS2.0/LK110/LK111 ,etc.
All of users do not need to update this firmware.
This firmware sometimes happen Fatal Code "C-E301" when updating firmware.
To prevent/recover this fatal,
Please be sure to read attached "Precaution_of_Firmware_installation.xls".
This firmware adds functions which was available on bizhub C554e/C454e/C364e/C284e/C224e to bizhub C554/C454/C364/C284/C224.
When using this firmware, please make sure to use the Printer driver and Application (e.g. PageScope BOX Operator, PageScope Enterprise Suite) for bizhub C554e/C454e/C364e/C284e/C224e Function Version5.
Please make sure to use the loadable driver for bizhub C754e/C654e Function Version5.
Please make sure to use the Voice data and Movie data for Version Up firmware of bizhub C554/C454/C364/C284/C224 for MIF devices.
This firmware cannot be upgraded directly from mass-Production or special-Program firmware of bizhub C554/C454/C364/C284/C224.
Please make sure to upgrade to this firmware after installing the Version Up firmware (GA0-A9/GB0-A9) of bizhub C554/C454/C364/C284/C224 in MIF devices.

speedtek
12-30-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm resurrecting this thread because over the past week or 2 I've had customers all over the place with 'e' machines now failing with Office365. Anybody else seeing this? As I type this I'm at a customer with a C364e running G00-A9 and a C454e running G00-E4. Network & e-mail settings are completely identical, and the C364e works just fine and the C454e doesn't work at all. This is incredibly frustrating.

jimmy wah
12-30-2014, 08:07 PM

port = 587
encryption = STARTTLS

The POD servers were used prior to the rollout of the new OWA client, and varied for each Office365 tenant. The preferred SMTP server is now smtp.office365.com - the other settings remain the same.

I've noticed the pod#####.outlook.com addresses seem to be flaky at times.

jw

speedtek
12-30-2014, 08:11 PM
Yeah to my knowledge most of our customer machines have been converted to the new address. I actually resolved today's problem: the C454e had a self-signed certificate installed. As soon as I removed it the scanning started working flawlessly. Unfortunately this won't be a viable option for some customers.

Custom Search