PDA

View Full Version : Jamming FS-529 Bizhub 423

Custom Search

solidzdawg
02-18-2014, 11:06 PM
Got a Bizhub 423, it has 400k total count.

Machine will intermittently (VERY intermittent) jam related to the finisher. Spits 72xx codes (7218, 7217, 7216, most common). They say it jams about 3-4 times a day

I havent done much work on these little finishers, has anybody had experience with these guys? Anything to look for when I go there Wednesday?

The intermittency is what throws me off :P

As always, your guys' help on this site makes the difference between a frustrating day, and a great day :) So thanks in advance, and I look forward to fixing this issue

-Z

JustManuals
02-19-2014, 03:48 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

tech51
02-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Got a Bizhub 423, it has 400k total count.

Machine will intermittently (VERY intermittent) jam related to the finisher. Spits 72xx codes (7218, 7217, 7216, most common). They say it jams about 3-4 times a day

I havent done much work on these little finishers, has anybody had experience with these guys? Anything to look for when I go there Wednesday?

The intermittency is what throws me off :P

As always, your guys' help on this site makes the difference between a frustrating day, and a great day :) So thanks in advance, and I look forward to fixing this issue

-Z
Where do I begin? These little beasties have been a nightmare since they first appeared. There is quite a good troubleshooting guide on the KM tech site so I would download that first. Generally speaking everything in the transport is prone to wearing out. In particular the entrance actuator, the entrance guide which warps, the exit rollers and the little belts that pull the paper back into the stapler area. At 400k I would be replacing all of these as a minimum. If you ever have one that breaks a side guide rack, be prepared for a full day in the shop to fix it. It's a full tear down and rebuild job.
I hope yours isn't as bad as that but they are a fiddle repair at the best of times!

steveharly
02-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Hi,
With regards to the FS-529, one thing to check is the gears for the lift up mech, we have had hair line cracks which can cause problems. If you have to replace the feed rollers on this little finisher they are very expensive and wouldnt be worth fitting. It would be cheaper to replace the unit as we have gone down this track before.

Hope this helps

tech51
02-20-2014, 08:51 PM
Hi,
With regards to the FS-529, one thing to check is the gears for the lift up mech, we have had hair line cracks which can cause problems. If you have to replace the feed rollers on this little finisher they are very expensive and wouldnt be worth fitting. It would be cheaper to replace the unit as we have gone down this track before.

Hope this helps
I doubt if you can get a new FS529 as it's been discontinued for some time(in the UK anyway).
With regard to the lift drive there is a modified assembly which has much stronger gears that don't break.....

EarthKmTech
02-22-2014, 01:54 AM
All of the parts in these finishers are extortionate in price.

If you haven't had to rebuild and modify one yet, clearly you didn't sell many of the forst version examples. Once you familiarize yourself with what's required to keep them happy 1 extended session with them one at a time with a full table to work with and you won't ever have problems with them again. I haven't.

Custom Search