PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 6500 color adjusting

Custom Search

Dfriis
02-19-2014, 12:20 AM
I have a 6500 that has the firey rip and i would like some adjustability with the colors some times like every digital blues are turning purple. what would you suggest

Dfriis
02-19-2014, 12:25 AM
Something to add. There is all KM parts and toners in the system.

JustManuals
02-19-2014, 03:43 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Setright
02-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Start with calibration, both scanner and printer.

Then make sure your colour workflow (input/output profiles, GCR settings, Spot) matches the files you are printing.

Importing complete pdf files via Command Workstation will likely produce different (often correct) results.

Dfriis
02-19-2014, 01:30 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Paul aready bought them from you.

tech51
02-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Start with calibration, both scanner and printer.

Then make sure your colour workflow (input/output profiles, GCR settings, Spot) matches the files you are printing.

Importing complete pdf files via Command Workstation will likely produce different (often correct) results.
I agree with the above but would also add that the engine will need to be correctly set up before calibrating. Otherwise you could be chasing your tail.

Dfriis
02-19-2014, 08:19 PM
I agree with the above but would also add that the engine will need to be correctly set up before calibrating. Otherwise you could be chasing your tail.

Already chasing. The bad part is the more I let the tech do the worse it is getting. That is why I posted.

Mick01
02-20-2014, 01:22 AM
AAH the wonderful world of colour management. It can be a very simple or extremely difficult and frustrating process.
Firstly there has to be a uniform and consistent colour workflow from start to finish.
If you are working with a PDF workflow disable colour management through the advanced tab of the print dialog box within Acrobat. If this is not done then you will have two levels of colour management (one through the app and the other through the RIP) which is a bad idea.

Correct (and frequent) Calibration must be performed. What i mean by this is as follows:
Calibrate on the stock you are going to be printing on.
When calibrating select the correct profile (coated vs uncoated). If this is not correct the RIP will not set the colours correctly
Select the screen that you will be printing with (dot,line). If you are calibrating to dot screen then printing to line screen you are wasting your time calibrating.
The most critical part of calibration is ensuring you have sufficient "Dmax" levels. When you calibrate look at the "actual" vs "target" graph. If you are not acheiving sufficient Dmax levels then you will not be able to match high coverage prints (100%). If you are not achieving this your engine needs attention (worn devs, drums, Tbelt unit etc)
In regards to Frequency (how often to calibrate) I suggest the following.
Every morning (it is recommended to run a small amount of prints prior to "warm up" the engine)
Before printing a proof
Before printing an important colour critical file
If a colour shift is noticed during a colour critical job.

Finally ensure you are printing using the output profile that you are applying the calibration to. Again you are wasting time calibrating if this is not done.

I hope this helps you in achieving more consistent results with your machine.

wseyller
02-20-2014, 01:53 AM
Mick01: I'm still learning all this but wow nice info. I wish they covered this in my Fiery Color controller classroom instead of just teaching us unrelated crap like how to scan to smb which I all ready knew.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Custom Search