PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C652 horizontal lines

Custom Search

tnrtt
02-19-2014, 01:42 AM
Prints are fine. Only happens in copy and scan modes. Mono, color, single color. Lines are very thin and are approx 1mm apart.

JustManuals
02-19-2014, 03:41 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Synaux
02-19-2014, 05:07 AM
Samples always help us help you :)

tnrtt
02-19-2014, 05:28 AM
Samples always help us help you :)

This was at the end of the day. The customer was pushing me out. I'll try to scan a sample tomorrow at work. As fine as the lines are, I don't know well they'll scan.

Synaux
02-19-2014, 06:30 AM
This was at the end of the day. The customer was pushing me out. I'll try to scan a sample tomorrow at work. As fine as the lines are, I don't know well they'll scan.

Well, the problem is, we don't know what these lines are. Some more description will go a long way (e.g., [non]color lines these are?).
Simply too many variables--need more.

Scan it in 600x600dpi and jpg compress it, we should be able to see it fine :)

([non]color=no toner)

emujo
02-19-2014, 01:14 PM
My guess is the scanner process board, or the ribbon cable that connects it to the Sys board. Since prints are fine you can rule out all of the image formation items, sounds like the image is being garbled during the scan process. If the lines are about 1/2 inch apart and uniform vertical/horizontal, then I would recommend performing the initial setup steps. Emujo

blackcat4866
02-19-2014, 01:23 PM
... If the lines are about 1/2 inch apart and uniform vertical/horizontal, then I would recommend performing the initial setup steps. Emujo

The lines-of-shame occur at 12mm, so at 1mm I'd think it was something else.
Me? I'd start at the CCD and start re-seating connectors. Be especially careful with the ribbon cables. I've seen techs create far more interesting problems by mishandling the ribbon cables. =^..^=

tnrtt
02-19-2014, 03:25 PM
The lines-of-shame occur at 12mm, so at 1mm I'd think it was something else.
Me? I'd start at the CCD and start re-seating connectors. Be especially careful with the ribbon cables. I've seen techs create far more interesting problems by mishandling the ribbon cables. =^..^=

here is a black and white sample.

tnrtt
02-20-2014, 12:45 AM
Not a setup problem. Got that on the first one I set up. Machine has been in the field for years. CCD is my hunch. Wanted to know if anyone else has seen this before I start swapping parts.

Okeer
02-20-2014, 06:31 PM
I had the same trouble with a C452 and it was a memory error on the MFP board. After replacing the MFP board, everything was fine :)

oommiiddaann
02-20-2014, 09:43 PM
i think swap CCD because this lines is from bad image creation from scanner ccd not a physical problems in scanner like scan motor mirrors and other scan parts.

methogod
02-21-2014, 11:09 AM
if it prints ok, its a memory issue - usually fail memory stick has gone bad.. replace, then if still there go to the mpf board...

but check all connectors first, and does the same lines happen when scanning?

Synaux
02-21-2014, 03:46 PM
if it prints ok, its a memory issue - usually fail memory stick has gone bad.. replace, then if still there go to the mpf board...

but check all connectors first, and does the same lines happen when scanning?

Agreed, if the issue shows on internal prints its most likely the memory. TAUS1001639EN

tnrtt has a lot of things to check, but probably the quickest and easiest thing to do is a memory check in Service Mode.
If NG try memory modules.
Then unfortunately the replacement of the MFP board.

However, do not depend on those memory checks as being unequivocal I have had memory checks pass even with a bad DIMM.

tnrtt
03-01-2014, 01:35 AM
I had the same trouble with a C452 and it was a memory error on the MFP board. After replacing the MFP board, everything was fine :)

Thanks a lot, Okeer. Replacing the memory did the trick. This forum is great. No matter how weird the problem, somebody here has encountered it.

Custom Search