PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous scan to e-mail bizhub C35

Custom Search

KEN
02-19-2014, 04:30 PM
Hi all
I have a customer with a bizhub c220 and a C35 both are configured exactly the same to scan to e-mail the C220 works fine but C35 gives transmission error
any suggestions greatly appriciated

wseyller
02-19-2014, 05:46 PM
If scanning to a host name make sure DNS is setup correctly. Also gateway address needs to be set correctly to get out on the internet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

habik
02-19-2014, 07:15 PM
My experience is that every time I try and use gmail smtp address it fails.

If its on local network and authentication is not involved, then normal IP address of SMTP server that they have on their network works through port 25.

Haven't figure it myself yet, what I have done wrong. C220 > Gmail on the same network not a problem. C35 (MF2400) or c20 always issue even with all DNS set up by the administrator of the network.:confused: So if they need to scan to email outside their domain out of luck.

Hope someone can shed more light on this. Sorry for crashing your thread, just what I have experienced so far.

wseyller
02-20-2014, 01:16 AM
I have never failed at setting up gmail on a C35 or any other copier that supports SSL. If I have SSL in my back pocket I always know that I have an alternative if I can't get a private server to work. Problem is you have to rely on IT sometimes to provide correct information and most of the time in my experience they don't even know themselves or they just make assumptions which pisses me off even more because I end of wasting valuable time troubleshooting email issues when the damn IT is wrong with the port number or doesn't really know if auth is needed.

I will say though that the C35 is a turd of a machine but it should work if all the email tx settings are they same. Unless it is something with DNS, domain name, basic network settings, or if there is something on the email server blocking the C35s ip, Mac address or something to that nature.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

habik
02-20-2014, 08:06 AM
I have never failed at setting up gmail on a C35 or any other copier that supports SSL. If I have SSL in my back pocket I always know that I have an alternative if I can't get a private server to work. Problem is you have to rely on IT sometimes to provide correct information and most of the time in my experience they don't even know themselves or they just make assumptions which pisses me off even more because I end of wasting valuable time troubleshooting email issues when the damn IT is wrong with the port number or doesn't really know if auth is needed.

I will say though that the C35 is a turd of a machine but it should work if all the email tx settings are they same. Unless it is something with DNS, domain name, basic network settings, or if there is something on the email server blocking the C35s ip, Mac address or something to that nature.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
ok I've setup loads of machines and c20 or c35 always a pain. Does "Realm" mean domain?

wseyller
02-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Don't know but I've always left it blank.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Remus2k
01-11-2021, 01:45 PM
After 2 days of swearing, I have the answear.

1. Send to email is working with Gmail (less secure apps), because gmail still supports TLS 1, SSL 2 and 3.
This is supported by Bizhub C35

2. If your C35 is working with Gmail, but not with your SMTP, then this is the issue, as many are using TLS 1.3 as the most secure protocol.

Phil B.
01-11-2021, 01:53 PM
After 2 days of swearing, I have the answear.

1. Send to email is working with Gmail (less secure apps), because gmail still supports TLS 1, SSL 2 and 3.
This is supported by Bizhub C35

2. If your C35 is working with Gmail, but not with your SMTP, then this is the issue, as many are using TLS 1.3 as the most secure protocol.

this thread is over 4 years old... most that have posted here aren't even around anymore.

thanks for your info BUT please refrain from commenting on any thread older than 2 years.

Custom Search