PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C360 All Tray Settings Reset to Plain

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
02-21-2014, 04:48 PM
We have a C360 that's been in the field for 2 years running fine. Now all of the sudden the customer is indicating that the Media Type for ALL TRAYS will suddenly revert to Plain during a large job (approx. 300) on the machine itself. They have all the trays except one set to THICK 2 or 3; so they use mostly thicker media. The machine is on a GOOD surge suppressor. I went over to try and reproduce the problem. First I fully rebooted the machine with a 3min wait AND trouble reset it to see if they would revert to plain; it did not. Then I ran the same job they did (except at a smaller volume), with the same file, same program and same driver settings to see if it would revert to plain; it did not. I also purposely ran the tray out of paper in the middle of that job to see if it would revert to plain; it did not.

So other than actually running the huge 300 page job (which I just didn't have time for at the SLOW pace of THICK 2/3), I don't see what's going on here. They run these jobs once a month and they say it only occurs then. ANY IDEAS? Thanks in advance!

fishleg
02-22-2014, 07:15 AM
I know the bypass if set to thick then you print plain it comes up saying please load plain in the bypass do you wish to continue yes/no. Now if you hit yes machine begins to print but this actually changes the paper type to plain to continue the job but also the paper type stays on plain even after the job for that tray. So my advice would be stand there let them print if it comes up with a message they aren't setting the printer driver properly....

MFPs R Now PCs
02-24-2014, 04:51 PM
I know the bypass if set to thick then you print plain it comes up saying please load plain in the bypass do you wish to continue yes/no. Now if you hit yes machine begins to print but this actually changes the paper type to plain to continue the job but also the paper type stays on plain even after the job for that tray. So my advice would be stand there let them print if it comes up with a message they aren't setting the printer driver properly....

Thank you but what happens is ALL trays reset to plain, not just the bypass. Also, we already did review the process you are describing, thanks for your input though!

habik
02-24-2014, 09:33 PM
If they printing it from adobe reader or such, using PS or PCL driver I would try to print it as image in advanced settings of adobe print dialog.

Or

How about disabling SNMP in port settings? That would eliminate the fact that the driver is pulling or pushing through some random data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Custom Search