PDA

View Full Version : IU610K

Custom Search

Kenny
02-25-2014, 07:58 AM
Hi had a few problems with some C451's all at the same time, mainly the black iu failing ! (iu610k)

Has anyone else had problems ? just wondering if there is a faulty batch about ?

anyone had similar experience's ?

regards

Kenny

copier tech
02-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Yes I had one fail the other day, however the customer fitted it.

i'm not sure what happened but the new IU dumped loads of toner/dev out in the m/c so I have to vac the machine out & fit a new IU, the IU I fitted is OK.

I think maybe the customer slammed the IU into the m/c too hard & all the developer moved to the back of the unit, then when the m/c powered up it dumped it out!?

Synaux
02-25-2014, 09:47 AM
The black IUs on these models are notorious for spewing.

As I see it:
There is a metal bracket mod to secure the Black IU to [sometimes] ensure a good ground and H V contacts.

Or you can simply wedge a piece of paper in front of the blue IU latch.

Clean contacts inside the machine, and always clean the contacts on all IU installs.

And I believe I read they modified the IUs after a while, but I do not recall when. I will look it up at work. :confused:

Kenny
02-25-2014, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the reply's guy's i will have a closer look today, one of the main problems is you end up wasting a iu610k diagnosing the problem !!!

PeterG
02-28-2014, 12:01 AM
I can't believe you have only just come across this problem.
It has been an endemic problem down here in Aus. since the 451's were released.

Synaux
02-28-2014, 07:11 AM
I can't believe you have only just come across this problem.
It has been an endemic problem down here in Aus. since the 451's were released.

It's really damn annoying!
At least we should get the courtesy of a reach-around and km or katun or someone offer rebuild kits.

They are easy to work on if you take your time, but I have never had any notable success. I recall reading people adjusting the doctor blade with some success. Not sure how this is accomplished though

EarthKmTech
02-28-2014, 11:04 AM
I've had them fail when installing them and forgetting to shake them - if they've been sitting around long enough and have settled I find they fail in a very short period of time.

I've also had machines that just destroy them one after another, assuming the belt is new and its not being destroyed by another failing IU and all other measures have been taken its time to then change HV1. After this I find it no longer an issue, this stops the problem dead in its tracks.

Custom Search