PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 282

Custom Search

copyseattle
02-25-2014, 05:13 PM
I don't really know how this forum works yet, but I will just post my question here and hopefully someone who can help will be able to see it.

My office has a bizhub 282 with the FS530 finisher installed. The machine worked fine until one day we had a saddle unit installed. After the saddle unit was installed, the machine worked for about one day and overnight it stopped working.

It now gives the message that the section indicated by arrow is open, referring to the finisher lid. I had 2 technicians come out and no one seems to know what is going on. They talk about the PWB board being bad, but cannot say for sure.

When the finisher is removed, the machine works fine. However I tested 2 different finishers and one being brand new, and it did not solve the problem.

I am wondering if any of you experienced this problem before and if you have any insights as to what may be the problem. All switches have been checked, the finishing unit is brand new (I bought a new one in the box after the problem started, but it didn't solve the problem).

If it is indeed the PWB board, can that be replaced for a used unit? what are your recommendations? if so will the firmware need to be reinstalled?

I hope someone here can help me out.

THanks!

JustManuals
02-25-2014, 08:33 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

copyseattle
02-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Thank for offering the service manual, but I already have one.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

occus
02-26-2014, 06:19 PM
I remember there are a tech notice about a alert "open door".
You have to replace the pwb. (first check the sensor switch from the door and re-flash firmware.

copyseattle
02-26-2014, 06:29 PM
I remember there are a tech notice about a alert "open door".
You have to replace the pwb. (first check the sensor switch from the door and re-flash firmware.

Thanks? Do you know if doing warm start by pressing the reset button near the CF card slot does the same as ref lashing the firmware? I don't have the firmware, and one of the techs that came by said he didn't think that was the problem, so he would spend the money getting it for me. I asked and was willing to pay for it.

occus
02-26-2014, 06:48 PM
No, i think it's not the same like normal procedure to write firmware.
Sorry i have not more information. But i would trust in the tech experience on your place, more than a remote diagnose over a forum ;)

Custom Search