PDA

View Full Version : C650 HDD data corrupt

Custom Search

mdtrinh
02-26-2014, 02:22 AM
Here is the problem:
* At power up, machine keep say "searching..." and never ready
- Disconnect hdd, so that we can get into service mode to unset hdd.
- Now only copying and print work, no scan/fax.
- Replace with another hdd from working machine.
- Re-input all address book entries (50+).
- Back on-line and everybody happy.
* Two week later, machine say "searching.." when select scan any never ready, but copying and print work.
- Replace working hdd, physical format, logical format.
- Re-initialize , market setting, set hdd, etc...
- Re-input all address book entries and export to local computer at web browser mode.
- Happy, happy. It work!!!
* Two week later, machine say "searching.." when select scan again (something is wrong here)
- Replace whole mfp board section (mfp, nvram, new hdd)
- Format new hdd. reflash new firmware, upgrade hdd bios.
- Re-initialize , market setting, set hdd, etc...
- Import back address book.
- Hopefully, this time we nail this sucker.
* Today, same problem happen again wit machine say "searching.." when select scan.
- Unplug machine from the wall for 30 minute, no dice.
- Repeat same procedures with hdd reformat by PC first, then by machine.
- Do not want to keep doing this every few week.
Really need some help !!!

habik
02-26-2014, 07:49 PM
Hi mdtrinh

Wow, you must have nightmares by now. You have covered the lot.

1, Have you tried NEW HDD cable? or NEW HDD and NEW HDD cable?

2, a, If I understood you correctly, I believe you are entering the whole address book from scratch first and then doing back up from NEW FRESHLY made address book, right! Just wanted to clear this first. ( in case a bug is transmitted from the old back-up).

2,b Have you changed the NV-RAM or just did NV-RAM recovery of existing NV-RAM and if so which HDD have you had in the machine during that process, was it the old "New" one (the one that had issues after you have replaced it the first time from another machine) or Fresh new HDD (out of the box) ? This is very important!! What I am trying to say is that NV-RAM is backing it self up on HDD in regular intervals and on Shut-down as well. So when there is a issue with NV-RAM data it can pick its self up from dust with Recovery Data from HDD. Wondering if bug is passed from NV to HDD and then backwards on to the NV RAM in case there really is a issue with NV-RAM. Phew, I hope I got this right :)

3, Which Function Enhancement Version of machine and firmware have you got? Or if you have it on hand can you scan us full List output from your machine. Management List - Data Adjustment List

4, Have you got LDAP set on the machine?

5, Is the time in sync with the server?

6, Are they using Box Utility by any chance or what sort of scanning is your clients preference?

This is a shot in the dark but, I would probably disable all protocols except the ones you using for the machine. Ditch everything LDAP, SNMP, FTP etc. Keep only basic TCP/IP and SMB, change the speed to 100Mbs on the network interface, you know just to keep the machine on ease if possible. In case Auto is selected and 1Gb network isn't downgrading to 100Mb for the machine properly.

What about fluctuations on power. I'd try different socket and New power lead or even UPS. Have you tried another Power supply?

mdtrinh
02-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Hi mdtrinh

Wow, you must have nightmares by now. You have covered the lot.

1, Have you tried NEW HDD cable? or NEW HDD and NEW HDD cable?

2, a, If I understood you correctly, I believe you are entering the whole address book from scratch first and then doing back up from NEW FRESHLY made address book, right! Just wanted to clear this first. ( in case a bug is transmitted from the old back-up).

2,b Have you changed the NV-RAM or just did NV-RAM recovery of existing NV-RAM and if so which HDD have you had in the machine during that process, was it the old "New" one (the one that had issues after you have replaced it the first time from another machine) or Fresh new HDD (out of the box) ? This is very important!! What I am trying to say is that NV-RAM is backing it self up on HDD in regular intervals and on Shut-down as well. So when there is a issue with NV-RAM data it can pick its self up from dust with Recovery Data from HDD. Wondering if bug is passed from NV to HDD and then backwards on to the NV RAM in case there really is a issue with NV-RAM. Phew, I hope I got this right :)

3, Which Function Enhancement Version of machine and firmware have you got? Or if you have it on hand can you scan us full List output from your machine. Management List - Data Adjustment List

4, Have you got LDAP set on the machine?

5, Is the time in sync with the server?

6, Are they using Box Utility by any chance or what sort of scanning is your clients preference?

This is a shot in the dark but, I would probably disable all protocols except the ones you using for the machine. Ditch everything LDAP, SNMP, FTP etc. Keep only basic TCP/IP and SMB, change the speed to 100Mbs on the network interface, you know just to keep the machine on ease if possible. In case Auto is selected and 1Gb network isn't downgrading to 100Mb for the machine properly.

What about fluctuations on power. I'd try different socket and New power lead or even UPS. Have you tried another Power supply?

Hello Habik:
Thank you very much for your insight, it has been a nightmare for us with this problem.
Your 2b point make some sense, but I only have C451 NVRAM file. If any body can provide us with the C650 NVRAM file, We probably can try following:
- NVRAM recovery with recovery card (follow the whole procedures).
- Reformat HDD (physical then logical).
- Re-input address book (no LDAP, no Box), just SMB and FTP.

habik
02-27-2014, 12:07 AM
Hello Habik:
Thank you very much for your insight, it has been a nightmare for us with this problem.
Your 2b point make some sense, but I only have C451 NVRAM file. If any body can provide us with the C650 NVRAM file, We probably can try following:
- NVRAM recovery with recovery card (follow the whole procedures).
- Reformat HDD (physical then logical).
- Re-input address book (no LDAP, no Box), just SMB and FTP.

NV-RAM recovery shouldn't be a issue to get for you. I am concerned about the license management code for the machine after you do NV-RAM recovery.. Can you handle that issue? Cos I can't help you with that, and you need direct KM support.

The NV-RAM jig is available on KM portal.

Model

Program Name

Ver.

Program File Name

Checksum

bizhub C650

Jig firmware

GCQ-J8

A00H0Y0-F000-GCQ-J8(00).EXE

0E9A

Mr Spock
02-27-2014, 12:43 AM
Either nvram recovery or have the it replace cable an put machine on new port. I have seen this happen also when the it replaced/upgraded a switch/router. Some machines do not like to auto negotiate speed correctly and it times out. so also set the speed to 100 full duplex and see it that helps also.

Synaux
02-27-2014, 12:52 AM
NV-RAM recovery shouldn't be a issue to get for you. I am concerned about the license management code for the machine after you do NV-RAM recovery.. Can you handle that issue? Cos I can't help you with that, and you need direct KM support.

The NV-RAM jig is available on KM portal.

Model
Program Name
Ver.
Program File Name
Checksum

bizhub C650
Jig firmware
GCQ-J8
A00H0Y0-F000-GCQ-J8(00).EXE
0E9A

License Management Errors surface only if the LK101-103s are installed--in my experience.

RRodgers
02-27-2014, 05:45 AM
I'd say HD cable and or ram.

mdtrinh
05-07-2014, 05:21 AM
Thanks Guy!!!
I just replaced Power Supply Unit and manually set the ethernet speed to 100 mbit full duplex (my client change their router to 1 gbit without upgrade old cat 5 wire in their building, I found out the hard way). It was no problem for almost three months now, just keep my figure cross!!!.
I think the new 1 gbit router and cat 5 wiring have something to do with it. Their print server also having some frozen issue and need re-boot occasionally. This two things, copier/print server happen after router upgraded.
Again, thanks!

Custom Search