PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Can't get rid of C-B003 on a KM C452

Custom Search

Ray G.
02-26-2014, 10:49 PM
I had installed a FK-502 and, after re-powering the unit, got C-B003. Ran through all the exercises, then out of fustration, installed another fax kit. Three fax kits later, I'm still getting the C-B003 error code. Is it possible for the PCI interface to be blowing up those FK-502 boards? Any tech out there faced this before? As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

habik
02-27-2014, 12:13 AM
I had installed a FK-502 and, after re-powering the unit, got C-B003. Ran through all the exercises, then out of fustration, installed another fax kit. Three fax kits later, I'm still getting the C-B003 error code. Is it possible for the PCI interface to be blowing up those FK-502 boards? Any tech out there faced this before? As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Have you installed it in Options boards FAX Circuit 1, flashed it with latest firmware so the machine and FK502 are in sync. Just checking and to be sure.

Also there is a switch on the board, in which position is it?

I personally never had FK-502 to fail me.

Mr Spock
02-27-2014, 12:39 AM
flash firmware
replace telephone cable
Initialize the fax pwb about 5 times in service mode.

EarthKmTech
02-28-2014, 11:11 AM
has it ever worked at all ?

or are you saying that you have tried installing it for the first time on this machine and just cant get it to work.

more information required.

Ray G.
03-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Please excuse the lack of info. This unit has me going in circles.
This is the first attempt to install the FK-502 in the system. Firmware is up-to-date. I was advised also to initialize the fax under service mode 5 times. I did, with no favorable results. Right now I'm thinking of changing the castors. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Ray G.
03-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Have you installed it in Options boards FAX Circuit 1, flashed it with latest firmware so the machine and FK502 are in sync. Just checking and to be sure.

Yes, the option is "set" and firmware updated. Micro switch is set for "fax 1" circuit. Thanks for the input, though.

HoonBoy
03-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Are you sure you put the board in the right slot? There was a fault in the unpacking manual too place it right instead of left slot(or visa versa) Picture was right, text was wrong...

Ray G.
03-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Are you sure you put the board in the right slot? There was a fault in the unpacking manual too place it right instead of left slot(or visa versa) Picture was right, text was wrong...
Good thought, Hoonboy, but with the PCI board in, only one slot (the right one) will accept and seat the FK-502. Thanks

EarthKmTech
03-02-2014, 08:22 PM
couple quick things to test.

try the fax card in another machine and see if it works, if it does you may have a faulty pci riser card.

i seem to recall there being some factory pci riser duds whereby the surface mount ic had some terminals solder bridged yet still passed "quality control" - unbelievably shitty in this day and age but true....

I don't recall the bulletin number but i think the fix was to unbridge the affected ic terminals, this would only be the case if the riser was a new old stock card though, not one that's come from a trade in machine etc and was working - in that case its probably just blown from ESD.

Ray G.
03-08-2014, 06:32 PM

Habik: Thank you much for the response. As it turns out, I was making a rookie error, even though being in the business since 1973. It embarrasses me to find myself doing such a stupid thing. After inserting the FK-502 INTO THE CORRECT SLOT, the error disappeared. Again, thanks for the input.

Ray G.
03-08-2014, 06:34 PM
flash firmware
replace telephone cable
Initialize the fax pwb about 5 times in service mode.
Mr Spock: Thank you for your input. I found I was inserting the FK-502 into the wrong slot. What a rookie mistake, even after being in the business since 1973. Again, thanks, I have it cleared up now.

Ray G.
03-08-2014, 06:37 PM
HoonBoy: Thanks for the input. I found myself making a rookie mistake, even after being in the business since 1973. You were correct in that I was loading the FK-502 into the slot for controller 2. Guess it's time for me to retire. Again, thanks for you query.

Ray G.
03-08-2014, 06:40 PM
couple quick things to test.

try the fax card in another machine and see if it works, if it does you may have a faulty pci riser card.

i seem to recall there being some factory pci riser duds whereby the surface mount ic had some terminals solder bridged yet still passed "quality control" - unbelievably shitty in this day and age but true....

I don't recall the bulletin number but i think the fix was to unbridge the affected ic terminals, this would only be the case if the riser was a new old stock card though, not one that's come from a trade in machine etc and was working - in that case its probably just blown from ESD.

EarthKmTech: Thank you for your input. I found that I was making a rookie mistake, putting the FK-502 into the slot for fax controller 2. Must be time for me to retire, that was really embarrassing. Again, thanks much.

Custom Search