PDA

View Full Version : Relative Humidity

Custom Search

AB1984
02-27-2014, 07:50 AM
Could anyone tell me how relative humidity affects output quality (we're using a c8000, but I'm assuming it affects most, if not all, printers in a similar fashion).

Also, if we've got low RH, how can we improve it.

Any help, suggestions or information greatly appreciated

Tonerbomb
02-27-2014, 04:04 PM
it affects the charge ability of the drum, toner and paper, toner transfer ect. It is a big factor especially with production color. most production machines will have the ability to read the ambient humidity to compensate for the current levels as best it can. A humidifier can help for low conditions.

habik
02-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Could anyone tell me how relative humidity affects output quality (we're using a c8000, but I'm assuming it affects most, if not all, printers in a similar fashion).

Also, if we've got low RH, how can we improve it.

Any help, suggestions or information greatly appreciated

Yes!

Relative humidity plays a huge factor.

Machines in high humidity environment cause all sorts of toner issues.

Paper stored in High humidity environment causes almost catastrophy, if you have 12 brand new machines in one place and paper in lets say different air conditioned place. Been there the worst 3 weeks of my life. And we could not take the damp paper back!

blackcat4866
02-27-2014, 04:20 PM
There's some interesting reading here. This paper is dated 1927, yet the facts remain the same:

Kidaver
02-27-2014, 08:53 PM
I would assume the c8000 has the humidifier option just like the c7000 for very dry environments...basically a mister that adds moisture back into the paper after it's ran thru the fuser for curl...my company almost bought it for our c7000 until I pointed out that we live in E Texas and it would be a really useless accessory for us..

nmfaxman
02-28-2014, 02:14 AM
Starting my career in a 7000 Ft desert environment I found that it is not charge where there is such a problem.
The problem is in transfer. If the paper and environment is too dry, there will be more ambient voltage at transfer than anywhere else.

Copiers are designed in Japan where they have a sea level environment.
Desert high elevation they don't have a clue.

We used to put 1 meg resistors in line with transfer and sep output.
Solved a lot of problems.

Custom Search