PDA

View Full Version : CF3102 "Blooming" on color gradient

Custom Search

Brent Warwick
03-04-2014, 05:00 AM
Hi guys,

Our company has a relatively unused KM CF3102 (print count <23000) that normally works really well, but recently with bold text it started to experience a "blooming" or outer glow effect (see attached file). Can anyone tell me what might be causing this and perhaps how to fix it? We love the printer and hope it's nothing that's a big showstopper. Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks much!

-Brent Warwick

EarthKmTech
03-04-2014, 09:00 AM
wash the led print heads,

ie, dampen the cleaning wand in the front door and use it on the LED print heads with what ever non destructive cleaner you have on hand that wont melt plastic and problem will be solved.

If done properly, razor sharp print quality will return, if you use a destructive solvent etc, those print heads are over a grand each - dont even think about it ;)

(removal of the imaging units is required to clean the print heads - please consult your hand book)

Brent Warwick
03-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Yep, that totally did it! I'm good with computers but not knowing a lot about printers/copiers it took me a bit to be sure about cleaning the right thing and with the right cleaner, but in the end it turned out great. Thanks very much for the quick feedback. Now we've got a really nice printer that will hopefully last us a long time.

-Brent

Custom Search