PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C554e & C454e message on screen

Custom Search

tech51
03-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Hello all. I have a message randomly appearing on the above machines at one of my customers. They have had these machines for 6 months and have only experienced this message since the latest firmware & SSD fix were installed. The message reads as follows.
"The number of programmed jobs has reached the maximum allowance. Please wait until a programmed job has been completed".
Jobs in the print queue all have queued as their status but deleting these jobs doesn't seem to clear the message. The only way I could get it going was to fully re boot the machine.
Just for now I've disabled sleep mode & stopped spooling of print jobs on the HDD but it doesn't happen often, so it's difficult to know wether that's made a difference.
Anyone seen this? Your help would be appreciated.....

TheOwl
03-05-2014, 09:34 PM
I can't say that I have seen this, but I have seen plenty of other things go wrong with the machines.

What version Firmware did you install? Can you also check the HDD in service mode and make sure that it is still turned on?

I would also perform a RAM check on the machine to make sure that the firmware installation and the error you are getting aren't a coincidence.

Morlock49
03-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Hello all. I have a message randomly appearing on the above machines at one of my customers. They have had these machines for 6 months and have only experienced this message since the latest firmware & SSD fix were installed. The message reads as follows.
"The number of programmed jobs has reached the maximum allowance. Please wait until a programmed job has been completed".
Jobs in the print queue all have queued as their status but deleting these jobs doesn't seem to clear the message. The only way I could get it going was to fully re boot the machine.
Just for now I've disabled sleep mode & stopped spooling of print jobs on the HDD but it doesn't happen often, so it's difficult to know wether that's made a difference.
Anyone seen this? Your help would be appreciated.....

Since I have been doing the latest SSD fix and firmware, I have been getting weird results as well. most of the time I have had to unset the hard drive, cycle the m/c power, and then reset the hard drive, recycle power. ( Note export address book and other settings before you do as sometimes the address book gets wiped) or try Hdd UP. There is also a Firmware problem when you set SW25 = 40, set SW25 to 20 (Lvl 3)

I hope some of this may help

tech51
03-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Ok I'll close this thread with the answer!
Turned out that the firmware put on the machine was for the c364e range. As a result some of the options and the printer firmware were incorrect and caused this problem. I re-loaded the correct firmware last Friday and so far the message has not reoccurred.
The moral of the story is even if the firmware number is the same, make sure you install the one for the machine type you're on.

Sermon over! :):):)

Custom Search