PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous PPLM USB Flash files v2.zip

Custom Search

copier tech
03-10-2014, 08:10 PM
I wonder if someone would be so kind & post the PPLM life stop firmware please!?
I've searched the UK Info Hub but I can't find it anywhere, only the standard firmware!

PPLMUSBFlashfilesv2.zip

Many thanks.

emujo
03-10-2014, 08:24 PM
It may not be true, but I have heard that anything you download from KM has your tech ID # somewhere in it. That reason alone is enough for me not to post firmware/service manuals. If you are a KM tech you might try emailing serviceplanning@kmbs.konicaminolta.us. They might be able to get you to the right entity to help you legally get this firmware. Emujo

JustManuals
03-10-2014, 09:00 PM
I wonder if someone would be so kind & post the PPLM life stop firmware please!?
I've searched the UK Info Hub but I can't find it anywhere, only the standard firmware!

PPLMUSBFlashfilesv2.zip

Many thanks.

Posting links to firmware or manuals is strictly against the rules of this site and will result in you being banned. I have this frimware but it isn't free. Email me if interested.
Paul@justmanuals.com

copier tech
03-10-2014, 09:38 PM
I've not heard of that, don't think they do that on the UK site. Thanks for your reply all the same!

copier tech
03-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Can someone tell me if this file is available on the UK KM Infohub site??? as all I can find is standard firmware, not the "PPLMUSBFlashfilesv2.zip." as mentioned in this document!?

habik
03-12-2014, 08:27 AM
Can you post here your login details? I then find it for you!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

copier tech
03-12-2014, 11:10 AM
I don't think that's a good idea do you!

Synaux
03-12-2014, 04:45 PM
I did a SSD search for it and just PPLM, it doesn't come up for me.

Just download the firmware for the specific machines individually. :)

tech51
03-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Well that doesn't look like a european tech bulletin to me anyway. All you really have to do is download the latest firmware for the machine you want and install it. Then set the dipswitches as per the bulletin and away you go.... Hope this helps.

copier tech
03-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Well that doesn't look like a european tech bulletin to me anyway. All you really have to do is download the latest firmware for the machine you want and install it. Then set the dipswitches as per the bulletin and away you go.... Hope this helps.

Thanks for this info that's what I wanted to know, simply installing the latest software will allow me to set those switches, so there is no "special firmware" as such!?
(I found that bulletin online)

Many thanks!

Synaux
03-12-2014, 09:03 PM
Thanks for this info that's what I wanted to know, simply installing the latest software will allow me to set those switches, so there is no "special firmware" as such!?
(I found that bulletin online)

Many thanks!

?

You need to install the special firmware listed in the bulletin to make this stuff work.

copier tech
03-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Now i'm confused! So do I need "special firmware" or simply the latest normal firmware!?

Synaux
03-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Now i'm confused! So do I need "special firmware" or simply the latest normal firmware!?

I confused to why you are confused.

...you must install the GR4-R6 (c203_A02EY0-F000-GR4-R6.exe) SPECIAL FIRMWARE listed in the bulletin that you provided for us...and flash to the latest base firmware beforehand.

tech51
03-12-2014, 11:15 PM
I confused to why you are confused.

...you must install the GR4-R6 (c203_A02EY0-F000-GR4-R6.exe) SPECIAL FIRMWARE listed in the bulletin that you provided for us...and flash to the latest base firmware beforehand.
Be careful when quoting firmware versions.
The original poster, like myself, lives in the UK.
The firmware releases and file numbers are different according to the marketing area.
I will clarify the firmware as follows. For the c253/451/550 range the last firmware release in the UK was special firmware for end of life settings. You search for the latest release and check the release notes.
For the C360 range/552 range and all the new models since, the end of life settings are incorporated AS STANDARD in the mass production firmware.
Just download the latest and set the switches.
Hope this clarifies things.

copier tech
03-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Thanks tech51, got it now lolI'm new to KM I guess it shows!Just updated the FW on a c552 that had stoped printing colour & had the "replace iu" messaged so I changed the bit switches & now message has gone & customer can print colour, many thanks

TheOwl
03-13-2014, 11:25 PM
Yep, you simply need the firmware that the bulletin speaks of or later to enable the IU Life Stop features that you need.

Custom Search