PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Bizhub 601 (aka VL6022) won't boot past planets or go into service mode

Custom Search

David Morrison
03-31-2014, 07:41 PM
I performed a firmware update on 6 previous machines with no problem whatsoever. Performed firmware update on 2 additional machines; no errors during update, but neither one will boot up anymore. Performed firmware update on another, no problem whatsoever. The first of the 2 that failed have a new OACB, NVRAM and CF card. I've tried every combination with the same results... If I try to boot normally, it stops at the planets (or KM logo depending on which CF card I use). If I purposely cause an error, like leaving a fan unplugged, it boots normally, but gives me an error and I cannot go any further. If I boot into service mode, it comes up ok, but if I press any buttons (like Service 2), it says, "Please wait" and never goes any further. I've been working with tech support on this and their latest suggestion was to take the new OACB to a working copier, update the firmware, then bring it back to this copier. The next closest copier of this model is about 15 miles away, so I'm gonna go do that and I'm hoping someone here might have another suggestion if that doesn't work when I come back.

Downunder
04-02-2014, 06:19 AM
Not sure if there is a memory card in the copier -- but might be worth swapping that

I am assuming you have not formatted the flash card -- cut information off and reload original files - or completely new card

David Morrison
04-02-2014, 12:40 PM
I figured it out using my past computer knowledge. It turned out that the PRCB was shorting out the OACB. But now I have a new problem... The hole punch is not recognised. My supervisor suggested (at the end of the day) that the CF card may be bad. Good possibility since that was the first thing I messed with when this all started.

Not sure if there is a memory card in the copier -- but might be worth swapping that

I am assuming you have not formatted the flash card -- cut information off and reload original files - or completely new card

Custom Search