PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Ikon CPP650/Bizhub Pro C6500 Error C-5003, C-5005 after changing CDB

Custom Search

elpadre
05-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Hello everyone; i am needing some help with a issue on the IKON CPP650 (Bizhub Pro C6500), that is giving me the codes C-5003 and C-5005 that are problems on the 24V and 12V lines, i've measured these lines and, the voltage is ok, the ACDB is ok and so the PWBM (I have two of them and have exchanged)

First, let me explain what i have done:

1 - The machine was running well but didn't do the duplex print, because of the exit solenoid wasn't actuating, so the paper never went to duplex, and before when it was working, the reverse motor was not running well.

2 - I've made some tests, that includes exchanging the reverse motor with the loop motor and the exit solenoid with the Bypass pick-up solenoid; so, i came to the result, that the solenoid was ok, but the motor wasn't, it was running with a very strange and loud noise;

3 - I've put back all the pieces on their place... and.... the machine stuck on a C-3102 code (error on PS16 cannot measure the fuser home position), after hours i realized that the CDB wasn't powering up, the leds on it was all off, so i've started to check all the wires, and everything was ok, so a friend of mine told me to chech the "Fusistors" on the board have the Acronym "ICP".

4 - After cheking these components, i've saw that some were fine (the ones with the code SOC T2000, SOC T2500 and 1.0A) and some others weren't (SOC T5000 and 2.3A), i don't realy know what are these components, to me, they looks like fuses, so this friend told me to replace these components for a jumper (because i didn't find anyplace that sell its)

5 - After all the things the board started again, but somehow the leds are blinking very fast at the machine power up, then the blink slow down after some seconds, and the machine gives the codes C-5005 and C-5003 (i have two CDB, Both have ICP problems but in diferent places, each board give me a code C-5003 or C-5005).

so, i really need some help about these components, if someone can help me with some idea on wich other component i can use to replace then and/or other components that i've to check.

the reverse motor was in short-circuit, so i think that it have messed with the 2 CDB boards.

i know that the best way to fix it is changing the CDB, but it will take so many days or months to get here in Brazil.

i had one local dealer that charged me on R$5000,00 for the whole ADU and i have to return my ADU back to him, but mine is with brand new pieces like the registration roller and 2nd transfer, and i know that's a bad deal.

Thanks in advance.

jzheld
09-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Hello everyone; i am needing some help with a issue on the IKON CPP650 (Bizhub Pro C6500), that is giving me the codes C-5003 and C-5005 that are problems on the 24V and 12V lines, i've measured these lines and, the voltage is ok, the ACDB is ok and so the PWBM (I have two of them and have exchanged)

First, let me explain what i have done:

1 - The machine was running well but didn't do the duplex print, because of the exit solenoid wasn't actuating, so the paper never went to duplex, and before when it was working, the reverse motor was not running well.

2 - I've made some tests, that includes exchanging the reverse motor with the loop motor and the exit solenoid with the Bypass pick-up solenoid; so, i came to the result, that the solenoid was ok, but the motor wasn't, it was running with a very strange and loud noise;

3 - I've put back all the pieces on their place... and.... the machine stuck on a C-3102 code (error on PS16 cannot measure the fuser home position), after hours i realized that the CDB wasn't powering up, the leds on it was all off, so i've started to check all the wires, and everything was ok, so a friend of mine told me to chech the "Fusistors" on the board have the Acronym "ICP".

4 - After cheking these components, i've saw that some were fine (the ones with the code SOC T2000, SOC T2500 and 1.0A) and some others weren't (SOC T5000 and 2.3A), i don't realy know what are these components, to me, they looks like fuses, so this friend told me to replace these components for a jumper (because i didn't find anyplace that sell its)

5 - After all the things the board started again, but somehow the leds are blinking very fast at the machine power up, then the blink slow down after some seconds, and the machine gives the codes C-5005 and C-5003 (i have two CDB, Both have ICP problems but in diferent places, each board give me a code C-5003 or C-5005).

so, i really need some help about these components, if someone can help me with some idea on wich other component i can use to replace then and/or other components that i've to check.

the reverse motor was in short-circuit, so i think that it have messed with the 2 CDB boards.

i know that the best way to fix it is changing the CDB, but it will take so many days or months to get here in Brazil.

i had one local dealer that charged me on R$5000,00 for the whole ADU and i have to return my ADU back to him, but mine is with brand new pieces like the registration roller and 2nd transfer, and i know that's a bad deal.

Thanks in advance.

did you figure out what was wrong? I have 5003 and time to time 6101? checked everything including the scanner sensor everything seems to work all ICPs working as well.

elpadre
09-15-2014, 09:07 PM
did you figure out what was wrong? I have 5003 and time to time 6101? checked everything including the scanner sensor everything seems to work all ICPs working as well.

I`ve got to change some fusistors on the control board; there where some of then that came burned on the other board that i`ve had exchanged on the machine;
but i figured out that a bad motor can burn these fusistors, this is a protection to the board, to not ruin the entire board, some fusistors protect the circuits, if i`m not wrong, on the board they have the incription I(n) for example, the firsts fusistors are white pieces with I1, I2, I3, I4..... there are others that are black; a friend of mine said that i can make a jumper if the fusistor is open (burned) but if the motor is bad, it will ruin the board...

jzheld
09-15-2014, 09:16 PM
I`ve got to change some fusistors on the control board; there where some of then that came burned on the other board that i`ve had exchanged on the machine;
but i figured out that a bad motor can burn these fusistors, this is a protection to the board, to not ruin the entire board, some fusistors protect the circuits, if i`m not wrong, on the board they have the incription I(n) for example, the firsts fusistors are white pieces with I1, I2, I3, I4..... there are others that are black; a friend of mine said that i can make a jumper if the fusistor is open (burned) but if the motor is bad, it will ruin the board...

on what board? in the front of the machine or back?

elpadre
09-16-2014, 01:30 AM
on what board? in the front of the machine or back?

At the CDB located on the machine ADU (Front of the Machine); I don`t have the pictures anymore, but if you verify all the fusistors with luck you will get one burned and that`s maybe the reason of the codes.

jzheld
09-16-2014, 04:43 PM
At the CDB located on the machine ADU (Front of the Machine); I don`t have the pictures anymore, but if you verify all the fusistors with luck you will get one burned and that`s maybe the reason of the codes.

found one that was bad, changed the board, still getting error code.

elpadre
09-16-2014, 05:04 PM
found one that was bad, changed the board, still getting error code.

If you still got the C-500X codes, you must check the motor that is linked to the code; check the entire cable and if you have time, exchange the motor with another of the same type; there are two that are easy to access on the duplex section; if the code is pointing to one of these; exchange one for another and see if the code changes; if not you should think about verifying the IC that control the motor that is giving the code or if you have a cheap option to get a new board or used one but working;

before changing the board, verify the motors, as i said before, if there are any bad motors, they can ruin the board or the fusistors...

on my case, i have changed the entire ADU except for the fusing unit, but got the same trouble with the fusistors, so i have repaired the board changing the fusistors and now the machine is pretty good.

i will verify the Field service to the specific error related to this code, so i can give you the correct answer;

jzheld
09-16-2014, 06:04 PM
If you still got the C-500X codes, you must check the motor that is linked to the code; check the entire cable and if you have time, exchange the motor with another of the same type; there are two that are easy to access on the duplex section; if the code is pointing to one of these; exchange one for another and see if the code changes; if not you should think about verifying the IC that control the motor that is giving the code or if you have a cheap option to get a new board or used one but working;

before changing the board, verify the motors, as i said before, if there are any bad motors, they can ruin the board or the fusistors...

on my case, i have changed the entire ADU except for the fusing unit, but got the same trouble with the fusistors, so i have repaired the board changing the fusistors and now the machine is pretty good.

i will verify the Field service to the specific error related to this code, so i can give you the correct answer;

the code 5003 is related to dc power suply

elpadre
09-16-2014, 06:32 PM
the code 5003 is related to dc power suply

Yes, i've found it on the field service and that was the same trouble that i had;

the code is because the CDB wasn't receiving the power from the DC Jack; first of all, chech if the LEDs on the CDB are blinking

then, verify the components on the picture with a multimeter if they are OK, at the second picture, is the fusistor that if is bad, the board will not power on;

jzheld
09-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Yes, i've found it on the field service and that was the same trouble that i had;

the code is because the CDB wasn't receiving the power from the DC Jack; first of all, chech if the LEDs on the CDB are blinking

then, verify the components on the picture with a multimeter if they are OK, at the second picture, is the fusistor that if is bad, the board will not power on;

Leds are working, and all the ICPs are working as well. Can't understand what is wrong

elpadre
09-17-2014, 04:21 AM
Leds are working, and all the ICPs are working as well. Can't understand what is wrong

you have checked all the wire harnes? have verifyed the voltage from the main connector? i don't remember the correct voltage but at the end of the field service there are the charts of the wires so you can verify the voltages in each wire, if some of them are wrong, it can be the DC Board but i think that is so hard to happen...

jzheld
09-17-2014, 11:34 PM
you have checked all the wire harnes? have verifyed the voltage from the main connector? i don't remember the correct voltage but at the end of the field service there are the charts of the wires so you can verify the voltages in each wire, if some of them are wrong, it can be the DC Board but i think that is so hard to happen...

I'm not getting correct voltage from the DC Board, trying to borrow one form our part supplier? but it's time consuming to get, that only means I'm losing money =(

copy_kid
10-08-2014, 02:26 PM
SC5003 = ICP12 (black fuse near CN503) is Blown
SC5005 = ICP13 (white fuse near CN507-upper right) is blown
Here is the list of ICP's on CDB:

ICP1
DC35VP11CT2000
24V2
Supply power to 2nd transfer release motor
C31-03(2nd transfer pressing/releasing abnormality)

ICP2
DC35VP11CT2500
24V2
ADU reverse motor power supply
J92-01

ICP3
DC35VP11CT2500
24V2
Loop motor power supply
J17-01

ICP4
DC35VP11CT2500
24V2
Reverse motor power supply
J32-06

ICP5
DC35VP11CT2500
24V2
Registration motor power supply
J31-01

ICP6
DC35VP11CT2500
24V1
Fusing lower roller cooling FAN
C33-03(Fusing fan /Lw)

ICP7
ICP-S1.0
24V1
ADU cooling FAN
C03-03(ADU cooling fan abnormality)

ICP8
DC35VP11CT2000
24V1
ADU, Paper exit SD
ADU pre registration CL
ADU middle conveyance CL1,2,3
J32-02(※duplex only)

ICP9
ICP-S1.0
24V1
Bypass SD and CL, middle conveyance CL2,3
J17-08

ICP10
DC35VP11CT2500
24V2
ADU loop motor power supply
J92-01

ICP11
miniSMDC020
24V1
Bypass up/down motor
J10-01(Bypass feed JAM)

ICP12
ICP-S1.0
12V
All 12V
C50-05(Conveyance drive board 12V)

ICP13
DC35VP11CT5000
24V
All 24V
C50-03(Conveyance drive board 24V)

ICP14
ICP-S1.0
5V
All 5V
C31-02(fusing pressing/releasing motorabnormality)

Custom Search