PDA

View Full Version : konica 7040 tone up?

Custom Search

lovecopiers
04-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Ive got a 7040 im working on and i need to tone it up and re-calibrate the DV i was told the 47 mode and 1 was to force toner add but im not sure how to re-calibrate (what mode) im going to the customer today.

Ps it has light copies with 40K on DV and drum its a clean machine just a little washed out.

Thanks,
Dan

Mark B
04-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Take the front door switch apart and clean the contacts, and or adj the bias through the P mode.

lovecopiers
04-04-2008, 01:48 PM
The door switch WOW im not a big konica tech but what does the door switch have to do with the light CQ?and tech mode yes?i dont know the one to go in???.

Thanks,
Dan

lovecopiers
04-04-2008, 11:44 PM
i still need to know the mode to re calibrate the DV I went and toned it up but im sure i will be out there monday for the same problem.please no more door switches i am a tech and not that "?{: .please any good help.

Thank you,

Dan

RockETop
04-05-2008, 02:39 AM
[Description]
Intermittent FRONT DOOR OPEN message, or copies are very light, have lines, unreadable characters, gray background or a portion of the image is missing.

[Solution]

PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. The door switch (MS1) actuator on some machines is too short to actuate the door switch.
A new actuator (p/n 55GA12240) is available to correct this problem. It has been installed during production beginning with serial number 55HE05302. Refer to 7033/7040 Technical Bulletin #8 (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/bitmaps/CBC015.bmp) for additional information.
Note: To prevent future problems, replace MS1 (p/n 40AA85010) when replacing the actuator.

2. The front door switch (MS1) has failed.
Check the operation of the front door switch by performing the following:
a. Power the copier ON.
b. Monitor the voltage at CN82-5 (gray wire) to ground, and CN82-6 (white wire) to ground.
Note: CN82 is a 6-pin connector located on the rear upper right corner of the copier approximately 1.5 inches below the main power switch (SW1).
c. A steady 24V DC should be observed at both CN82-5 and CN82-6. Any fluctuation in the observed voltage would be indicative of internal arcing within the front door switch.
d. Replace the front door switch (p/n 40AA85010) as necessary.
Note: As a temporary measure, the switch contacts can be carefully cleaned.

This switch controls 24V to most of the machine. It may not be your problem, but it's a major suspect.

Straight from the K/M knowledge base. If you are still skeptical, there are other sites, go there.

I have never known anyone here to jerk a newbie around. Don't be a troll.

lovecopiers
04-05-2008, 03:18 AM
I dont think thats my problem a sky shot is all gray and i have toned it up in 47 mode but i need to know how to calibrate?the olney CQ problem is light copies ive pulled the drum unit and there is not much toner in the DV, I hit the 47 mode for a minute or two shut it of turn it on and solids are back at that point i need to recalibrate and see if it holds if it does not i was going to put new DV.

PS i thought he was pulling my leg SORRY

Thanks,

Dan

CMB
04-05-2008, 12:37 PM
in the 36 mode around where you run l-detect look for a auto add toner. run that. sometimes it takes a few minutes. it will stop by itself. if copies are still light, the toner motor may be bad-not adding toner to the dev. unit-
i don't know what the hell the door switch has to do with it. i have 300 7033,7040 and 7045's and never heard of some of this. the switch is either good or its bad. only message i ever got was close front cover.

RockETop
04-05-2008, 01:35 PM
The DV really isn't that old, run L-detect.

pepper38_cnd
04-05-2008, 02:17 PM
If the front door switch is flakey you loose alot of the transfer voltage and end up with washed out copies, this can happen without a "Close Front Cover" Message. If you are sure all the usual suspects Drum, Dev, Wires, are all good I would recommend trying another switch. Messing with L Detect without replacing Dev, is just begging for a dirty machine in the future. Is there a possibility your customer ran too long with the add toner message on and stripped the developer? If this is the case you can add all the toner you want to the dev and never get a solid black again, until you replace the dev. Unless you really like visiting this particular customer over and over again, I would change the switch ( its not that expensive), bite the cost of the dev and replace it too, then set the machine to stop when it calls for toner.

JEFFP
04-05-2008, 10:47 PM
I really don't think running L detect will gain you anything. Probably will ruin the developer. In 36 mode under H.V adjustments, select toner auto supply. It should run the toner addition up to the correct value and stop when it reaches that. Then run the copier and see if it maintains the copy quality.

You may want to watch the copier to see if it adds toner when making copies. Just remove the steel plate off the back of the toner hopper. And cheat the front door.

Front door switch can cause all kinds of weird problems. I have seen light copies before from a bad switch. But usually it will say front door open when it is not open, when its getting bad. Is easy to replace, Other than that these machines are great boxes.

redhotrob
04-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Make sure your charge corona and grid are clean.
You can measure your grid voltage as stamped on your drum. It may be set too high.
Lowering the grid voltage darkens your copies.

If the door switch was the problem, there would be toner and small amounts of developer over the entire page.

Custom Search