PDA

View Full Version : ricoh 350

Custom Search

jim
05-11-2006, 03:39 PM
ricoh 350

copies come out with lite hazy backgrond when 10 or so copies are made background gets darker.
when i turned on copier before it warmed up i looked at drum it was solid black with toner (is that normal)
the drum cleaned off fine when turned by hand ,but turned black as soon as i turned copier back on.
i have service manual. what about drum ground hwere can this be found

thank jim

Tonerbomb
05-12-2006, 12:53 AM
This is a known problem on these. The drum ground is through the drum shaft in the rear of the machine.Remove the flywheel and drive pulley and you can remove the shaft and the rear bearing. Ground is through the bearing,Replace it if you can measure more than 1 or 2 ohms from the shaft to frame ground. Also if the mag roller is black with toner when you wipe off the developer it will cause this. Clean the mag roller with a scotch brite or a rag till it looks silver again. Got to love the job security from this model:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

edgareddy
01-03-2007, 06:09 PM
i think you have to make sure that you have good dev in your machine. It sounds like the machine is overtoned.

copies come out with lite hazy backgrond when 10 or so copies are made background gets darker.
when i turned on copier before it warmed up i looked at drum it was solid black with toner (is that normal)
the drum cleaned off fine when turned by hand ,but turned black as soon as i turned copier back on.
i have service manual. what about drum ground hwere can this be found

thank jim[/quote]

Custom Search