PDA

View Full Version : C652 - Color Registration & P21

Custom Search

MVPunisher
06-09-2014, 03:07 PM
I have a machine that the color registration is off. It also presents a P-21 code. I have tried 2 different transfer belts out of working machines. Performed the NEW RELEASE when installed. I have done the imaging Units/Drums . I replaced the PH unit. It seemed to get a little worse when i did the PH unit( I did enter the values on the side of laser into the Skew ADJ in service mode).

Also did- IDC sensors, Registration Unit, Fuser unit, Sensor below the Fuser and the actuator.

I have other machines I can take parts off of, Looking at boards next. Such as HV, MFP, PRCB???

Anyone have an idea??

stevena86
06-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Most likely the HVB. If you pull the transfer belt out while it's running a gradation, can you see any of the color that aren't as dense as the others, or are any missing?

kingarthur
06-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Had a similar problem on a C452, did a firmware update...haven't been back since

rrrohan
06-10-2014, 12:29 AM
Why did you try the fuser? Lol

MVPunisher
06-10-2014, 12:34 AM
Because ppl were talking about the timing of the sensor roght below the fuser (after image is laid down) so why would you not try it. 2 screws. But I do agree said the same thing to my colleague "this wouldn't make sense"

EarthKmTech
06-10-2014, 01:36 AM
Its the transfer roller retraction that operates the idc sensor shutters - make sure the plastic pin is not snapped off.

ALSO, take the IDC sensor assy out, check and clean the shutter mechanism and its levers, I've had the levers seize up in the past.

MVPunisher
06-10-2014, 01:59 AM
Yea I did mess around the shutter mechanism. Seemed to be functioning fine but tomorrow ill swap it along w HV if no luck. It is a shop machine and I have a working machine I can swap parts with. Which explains more why I would try a fuser lol, had it out anyways to swap sensor below it...

Thanks for the help...tough one so far, I'm lucky it's a shop machine w another one available.

rrrohan
06-10-2014, 05:18 AM
What the paper timing sensor got to do with P-21?
This code should happen before it even start to print

That's why I was confused about changing fuser.

I don't think its a voltage issue neither IG PQ is OK

I got KM trading next week I will ask the trainer about it

imihm
06-10-2014, 06:27 AM
[QUOTE=MVPunisher;420963]I have a machine that the color registration is off. It also presents a P-21 code. I have tried 2 different transfer belts out of working machines. Performed the NEW RELEASE when installed. I have done the imaging Units/Drums . I replaced the PH unit. It seemed to get a little worse when i did the PH unit( I did enter the values on the side of laser into the Skew ADJ in service mode).

Also did- IDC sensors, Registration Unit, Fuser unit, Sensor below the Fuser and the actuator.

I have other machines I can take parts off of, Looking at boards next. Such as HV, MFP, PRCB???

Anyone have an idea??[/QUOTE Hi did you run graduation program ???? thanks

Max
06-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Are you sure that the pattern is good enough that the idc sensors can read them? Can you do a solid test of all colours and check for any density variation. It doesn't take much.

Custom Search