PDA

View Full Version : BH C452 Cyan background on prints/copies.

Custom Search

minimerlin
06-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Just wondering if anybody has had anything like this? Got a C452 that sometimes overlays cyan (80% density? coverage) onto a copy or print, no edge erased areas. Not seen this for myself as always OK when I turn up. Renewed Cyan IU, checked latching of same, checked HV spring connections, put tape on IU connections for HV and get almost the same fault just 100%density coverage tho. Going back with HV PWB in the morning as my gut feeling points to this as the probable cause..just not sure as to why it is intermitant tho.

stevena86
06-10-2014, 01:07 AM
I'd say your HVB is your best bet. I just recently had a C353 (I know it's a different model, but it's the same generation) that had the same problem. Replaced the HVB and problem was resolved. Found that the old HVB was warped. Only found that out once I had removed the board and set it on a flat surface.

EarthKmTech
06-10-2014, 01:26 AM
It'll be HV1 at fault, not HV2, ie the one thats a pain to access behind the main power supply, not the one up top.

minimerlin
06-10-2014, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the replys, I have got a known good HV unit to fit today. I agree that they are a pain to get at too!!

Max
06-10-2014, 10:00 AM
I had something similar, but it wasnt the Hv board to the spring connector but the wire/spring that connects the board to the back of the copier. The contact is quite small and easily moved after you have secured it with the screw. I would do a continuity test from the board connector to the inside copier dev bias plate after you put the HV board in. If you get any resistance 20-30 Ohms start again. Watch out for the black drum timing disk as its made out of tin foil. Small touch and you will need entire drive assembly. Remove the 2 timing disk sensors 1st if you decide to adjust the spring for K dev bias.

EarthKmTech
06-10-2014, 12:29 PM
come to think of it, i've had random issues like this on a machine before and found a screw some ass-clown AT THE FACTORY dropped behind the machine resting on the HV board.

Custom Search