PDA

View Full Version : SecurePrint - blank pages (C654e)

Custom Search

speedtek
06-17-2014, 07:58 PM
For some reason the thread I started the other day only opens in "Printable View?"

Anyway, here's a copy/paste:

I have a customer with 2 C654e's in the same building, and both are producing blank pages when the users print using Secure Print. If the users reboot the machine, it works fine for a couple hours an then it happens again. When the user logs into the Secure Print area - the thumbnails are blank and if they try to print they are blank as well. It does not matter what program they print from.

Here's what I've tried:
Upgraded the firmware to version G00-E4
Formatted the Hard Drive

KM's next recommendation is to replace the MFP board but I'm not confident that it'll fix the problem.

Any ideas?

stevena86
06-18-2014, 04:31 AM
Honestly, I'd go with what Konica has to say at this point first.

Clearly it's the machine, in my mind. And there isn't much else that is going to create that sort of issue. Have you tried turning sleep mode off entirely? Service Mode -> System 1 or 2 (can't remember) -> Sleep Mode ON/OFF -> Permit and then back to Admin. Mode -> System Settings -> Power Settings -> Sleep Mode to OFF, do not set it at 60 minutes.

Sleep mode has been the bane of my existence for a ton of problems with Bizhubs, which is why I have it disabled on every copier I service and just let the machine use Low Power Mode instead.

hotfuser
06-18-2014, 05:44 PM
For some reason the thread I started the other day only opens in "Printable View?"

Anyway, here's a copy/paste:

I have a customer with 2 C654e's in the same building, and both are producing blank pages when the users print using Secure Print. If the users reboot the machine, it works fine for a couple hours an then it happens again. When the user logs into the Secure Print area - the thumbnails are blank and if they try to print they are blank as well. It does not matter what program they print from.

Here's what I've tried:
Upgraded the firmware to version G00-E4
Formatted the Hard Drive

KM's next recommendation is to replace the MFP board but I'm not confident that it'll fix the problem.

Any ideas?

i have had a few C454e and C654e that have been producing blank copies. I found that if the client uses a Postscript driver it has eliminated the issue as a work around.
There is a new PCL driver which i have loaded on to a single clients machine in which they have had no blank copies since.

i hope this is of help

speedtek
06-18-2014, 06:01 PM
I loaded the latest PCL driver on my laptop and had the issue occur. I'll see if I can convince their IT guy to install the PS driver on the server.

Thanks!

emujo
06-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Hotfuser, you bring up a good point. If the MFP is at version 5, then you must use the 4.1.X.X drivers. If the MFP is at version 3 or less, then you need to use the 3.1.1.X drivers. I know authentication won't work properly if you have a mismatch, secure print might be affected also. Emujo

speedtek
06-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Well it looks like when the drivers were updated to 4.1.0.0 on the server, the network PC's didn't pull the new driver. We deleted the print queues off the server, completely removed the drivers, then re-added everything with the same queue names. Once this happened the PC's seemed to get the right drivers and as far as I know we haven't had a blank page in over 24 hours. Fingers are still crossed but this is at least promising.

Thanks guys!

Custom Search