PDA

View Full Version : Need Toshiba sc-2 controller for E-studio 80

Custom Search

foeller32
04-09-2008, 06:14 PM
We have a Toshiba E-Studio 80 copier. Right now we can print to it from the network, but we can't scan to computer, e-mail, or fax. I was told that if we get an sc-2 controller, we can add these features, so I'm looking for a controller.

I have a local tech that can do the install, but he tells me he can't find a controller. Any help would be appreciated.

ideffects
04-09-2008, 10:07 PM
I may have an old SC-2 controller. I can't remember if the SC-2 had an external processor or not however. If I do, it will be for either a E-Studio 65 or a DP-6570. Check with your tech and see if it would work and let me know...

Mr Spock
04-09-2008, 10:40 PM
The sc2 is an external controller, the internal was really an overgrown nic. You also will need to find a unix version of the controller software to scan or you also will have to find a scan dongle that attaches to the back of the sc2.

decimal
04-10-2008, 03:08 PM
you also need a SCSI adapter+cable

CEEMORE
09-04-2008, 02:47 PM
I also have a Toshiba E-Studio 80 copier and have a problem with my sc-2 controller. . Afer approximately one year the controller started to "BEEP". The copier machine still works fine either copying from the glass window or fr printing from my network.

Do you have any suggestions?

SEYMOUR

P.S. Did you ever resolve your problem with your controler?

CEEMORE
09-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Idefects

sorry it took so long for me to reply, but my tech was out of the country and he just returned from mexico, to have his teeth repaired. He informed me that the controler that you have that works on both the dp 6570 , dp8070 and the e-studio 65 and e-studio 80 .

It is his opinion that your controler should work on my e-studio 80 machine.

1) please let me kow if you are still interested in selling your controler and if so what form of guarantee do you provide when it is installed and it does not work.

2) the most important question is how much are you asking for your controler?

Lastly where are you located? I am in scottsdale arizona.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Seymour licht

e-mail licht6@cox.net

phone (480) 948-1730

P.S.

MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME. AFTER APPROXIMATELY A YEAR AND A HALF MY CONTRIOLLER STARTED TO BEEP , BUT I WAS STILL ABLE TOPRINT FROM THE GLASS WINDOW, AND FURTHER WAS ABLE TO PRINT FROM MY NETWORK. THRE DAYS AGO I NO LONGER AM ABLE TO PRINT FROM MY NETWORK.

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT IT COLD BE EITHER THE AGP CARD OR THE RAM. . THE ONLY WAY THAT I KNOW HOW TO CHECK THESE TWO ITEMS IS TO REPLACE THAM AND SEE IF THE BEEPING STOPS AND FURTHER IF I CAN BEGIN TO PRING FROM MY NETWORK. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS .

THE ONLY OTHER ALTERNATIVE IS TO PURCHASE A USED sc-2 CONTROLER, THAT IS ASSUMING THAT I CAN FIND A USED CONTROLLER. I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONSFO0R RIGHT NOW THE ONLY THNG THAT I CAN DO ITHE MY TOSHIBA E-STUDIO 80 COPY MACHINE IS TO COPY PAPER DOCUMENTS FROM THE GLASS WINDOW.

HELP:

SEYMOUR LICHT

E-MAIL LICHT6@COX.NET

PHONE (480) 948-1730

CEEMORE
09-12-2008, 03:13 AM
I may have an old SC-2 controller. I can't remember if the SC-2 had an external processor or not however. If I do, it will be for either a E-Studio 65 or a DP-6570. Check with your tech and see if it would work and let me know...

September 11, 2008

ideffects:

I am in need of a SC-2 controller for my Toshibia E-Studio 80 machine. I understand that you have a unit that cam off of a Model 65 machine. My service tech has informed me that it will work on my E-Studio 80.

If you still have the controller I would be very much interested in purchaing the unit assuming that it is in working condition.

I previously responded to your original posting on this thread but as of today I never heard from you.

I live in Scottsdale Arizona , please inform me either by E-mail, FAX or phone if you still have the controller and that to the best of your knowleadge it is still working. Asuuming that the price is right we can then agree as to how i can make payment to you.
THANK YOU:

SEYMOUR LICHT

E-MAIL LICHT6@COX.NET

PHOENE (480) 948-1730

FAX (480 948-1730

CEEMORE
09-12-2008, 06:22 AM
We have a Toshiba E-Studio 80 copier. Right now we can print to it from the network, but we can't scan to computer, e-mail, or fax. I was told that if we get an sc-2 controller, we can add these features, so I'm looking for a controller.

I have a local tech that can do the install, but he tells me he can't find a controller. Any help would be appreciated.
FOELLER 32:

SEPT. 11, 2008

I am also looking for SC-2 Controller, for relacement on my Toshiba E-Studio 80 copy machine.

I was wondering if you had any luck locating the controller and if so how much did it cost you?

If you did find one by any chance did you locate more than one for I can sure use one now.

SEYMOUR LICHT

E-MAIL LICHT6@COX.NET

PHONE (480) 948-1730

FAX (480) 948-1730

Bill Webb
03-10-2009, 01:09 AM
[quote=CEEMORE;40199]I also have a Toshiba E-Studio 80 copier and have a problem with my sc-2 controller. . Afer approximately one year the controller started to "BEEP". The copier machine still works fine either copying from the glass window or fr printing from my network.

Do you have any suggestions?

I am not a tech but the problem is your controller's hard driver is going bad. Mine lasted about 4 years and that or a little more seems to be the normal life. Fortunately for me, I found an EXCELLENT Toshiba lady tech (but only after wasting time and money with a copier repair guy and a self described computer expert who said it was junk and tossed in a dumpster without calling me first). Bottom line, get a new harddrive. Apparently they use the OLD technology NIT and it is hard on hard drives. Everything else is good with the sc-2 however. Oh, by the way, total cost was $240 including the hard drive and reloading the whatever with the disk (take a while) and she also fixed some system stuff to make it run better on the network. I LIKE HER!

CEEMORE
03-10-2009, 04:42 AM
:mad:ABOUT TEN DAYS AGO I GOT AN E-MAIL FROM A FELLOW IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON INFORMING ME THAT HE HAD A CONTROLER FOR MY TOSHIBA COPY MACHINE.

WE AGREED ON A PRICE AND HE SENT THE CONTROLER THAT TRULY LOOK GREAT. HE ASURED ME THAT IT WAS IN WORING CONDITION. wHEN I REPLACED MY CONTROLER WITH HIS GUESS WHAT IT DID NOT WORK. I HAD A PROBLEM LOCATING THE IP ADDRESS AND FINALLY MY GRANDSON CAME OVER AND IN ABOUT 3 HOURS HE GOT IT TO WORK AND IT TRULY WORKS GREAT.

NOW FOR THE REST OF THE STORY. MY GRANDSON WAS ALMOST POSITIVE THAT THE "NETWORK ADAPTER CARD WAS NG. HE TOOK THE NETWORK CARD FROM MY OLD CONTROLER AND BINGO. IT WORKED.

DURING THE TESTING MY INTERNET CONNECTION CRAPED OUT. AFTER SEVERAL PHONE CALLS TO COX, MY INTERNET PROVIDER. IT WAS DETERMINED THAT MY ROUTER WAS NOT FUNCTIONING. I WENT TO FRY'S ELECTRONICS AND PURCHASED A NEW 8 PORT ROUTER AND ASKED THE SALES MAN HOW MUCH DOES A 10/100/1000 MBPS PCI NETWORK ADAPTER COST. HE TOLD ME $3.90 PLUS TAX. I ALMOST PASED OUT.

WHAT I DO NOT KNOW IS HOW DID THE PERSON THAT SOLD ME THE CONTROLLER TELL ME THAT IT WAS IN WORKING CONDITION WHEN THE NETWORK CARD WAS NOT FUNCTIONING?

NOW THE REST OF THE STORY. THIS MORNING I GOT A PHONE CALL FROM SOMEONE IN PHOENIX AND INFORMED ME THAT HE HAS THE SAME COPY MACHINE THAT I HAVE AND PAID $500.00 FOR THE MACHINE AND THE CONTROLER. I HATE TO TELL YOU WHAT I PAID FOR THE MACHINE AND THEN THE REPLACEMENT CONTROLLER.

I DO LIKE THE ASWER THAT YOU PROVIDED THAT THE HARD DIVE WAS THE SOURCE OF MY PROBLEMS .

THANKS FOR THE INFO .

I STILL HAVE TO SAY THAT THE TOSNIBA COPY MACHINE IS ONE GREAT MACHINE AS LONG AS MY NETWROK DOSE NOT CRAP OUT.

SEYMOUR LICHT

PHONE 480 948-1730
E-MAIL LICHT6@COX.NET
FAX 480 948-1730

Gregg
03-10-2009, 08:37 PM
I have the scan dongles if you need them.

stevenmahoney
04-19-2011, 07:51 PM
If you need an SC2 controller, contact me. I might be able to help you.

Steven

Custom Search