PDA

View Full Version : One Bizhub C353, two problems

Custom Search

groovy
07-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Hi all from Italy.
A customer has a C353 that has 2 strange issues:
1. the copier cannot reach the READY state, it is turning motors while the display is showing "Warming up, ready to scan".
even in service mode i cannot print out any information.
2. The copier cannot reset the transfer belt counter, i checked ICP5 and it is good. Transfer belt is original new. I'm thinking to check cabling between the t belt and the board, but i cannot know for sure what cable i have to look at.
This copier is a pre-owned one, i'm thinking that someone had fiddled with the software switch trying to bypass the IU life check without upgrading the relative firmware, so it is possible that the copier doesn't tell anything but still require to change something. I tell you this because when i'm reading the T Belt usage there is still a block aviable, but in the service mode the counter is >150k prints.
What is the correct setting of the dipsw for shoving up all the alerts (IU/fuser/Tbelts and so on) ?
Thanks so much
Luigi - Digitalix

ivovb
07-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Concerning 2.

Check if fuse of the belt is blown? The answer of this question might answer the 1st one...

BR

groovy
07-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Hi and thank you for the quick reply.
The fuse on the tbelt is ok, not blown (first thing i've checked out when i'm seeing this issue).
Changed the fuse with a 0.05A (50milliampere instead of 63) and still not blew out.

ivovb
07-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Not good idea... You have to use 80 mA.

BR

groovy
07-16-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm not trying to reset the used one, i want to install a new original one, but the counter still no resets itself and the fuse is still good.
I think maybe there is a loss of power, so i tried to blew up a 50mA and still nothing again!
In my mind a 50 mA fuse blew itself easily than a 83 mA...

ivovb
07-16-2014, 01:09 PM
I'm not driving You to do something wrong. If machine can't be reset using 80mA fuse, than You have already blown circuit that blows fuse and resets counter of t belt. I'm pretty sure it must be 80 mA in Europe. I have try it with 63 mA but it doesn't help. So use right one.

BR

groovy
07-16-2014, 01:15 PM
Thank you again Ivob.
Checked out that iCP5 is ok, at least i know to have 2 possibilities:
1. the copier cannot reset the Tbelt counter because it cannot reach the ready state;
2. the cabling from the board to the fuser has something wrong, but i cannot know for sure because the board is plenty of connector (is the one on the right side in the back of the copier, not the one with the HDD connector and the RAM slots)

tulintron
07-16-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm not trying to reset the used one, i want to install a new original one, but the counter still no resets itself and the fuse is still good.
I think maybe there is a loss of power, so i tried to blew up a 50mA and still nothing again!
In my mind a 50 mA fuse blew itself easily than a 83 mA...

The logic is correct. Update firmware solves? Version 88.

groovy
07-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Hi tulintron (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/tulintron.html),
lost my cf card, in the afternoon i will pickup another one and i will trying with a special firmware, in wich the IU and fuser/tbelt life are not checked.

copier addict
07-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Check for P codes and correct if necessary.

groovy
07-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Hi again,
no P-code are shown up on display. No Oil can icon, nothing.

tulintron
07-16-2014, 05:42 PM
Hi tulintron (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/tulintron.html),
lost my cf card, in the afternoon i will pickup another one and i will trying with a special firmware, in wich the IU and fuser/tbelt life are not checked.

Yes Probable system error can stop her from doing reading tansfer belt.

one possibility.

Blizzoo
07-16-2014, 07:30 PM
Have a look at that cable comming from scanner board to mfp for bent pins,this can give you Warming up

groovy
07-17-2014, 09:53 AM
At least, finally, an error popped out!!!
C-2557.
I'm waiting for a new K imaging unit.

groovy
07-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Ok, just got an used IU (new one on arrival), this one seems to be fine but error code still here...

groovy
07-29-2014, 09:54 AM
New IU lot in the store,finally the copier is alive!!!
PS: the t/belt counter is resetted AFTER all the other checks are completed, so the copier now has blown the fuse and the Transfer belt counter is empty!!!

Custom Search